[WIP] F1 Legends Racing 2.0

hi to all historic F1 Grand Prix fans,
just to let you know, after the august/september 2017 mod public release for GT Legends and GTR2 there is also the rFactor conversion process in work, which opens a question "how about AMS version?", right? :)

EDIT: finished and released, download here.

ok guys, here is a first blood shot:
ams_f112.jpg

Last edited:
ok, I fully get you.
well, maybe is there a bright light at the end of the tunnel, will see.

anyway, same kind of frustration happen now with the F1LR 2.0 rFactor 2 conversion stage. after a great start the modder is taking something like unspecified time frame break. there seems are people who even would pay for the finalisation. very neat ;)

Last edited:
indeed, it may be seeing the light of day for AMS... well, thoug Reb did the important fixes very quickly, I need some kind of time to build up the final public release pack. this sadly will not happen in next few upcoming days, because I am leaving city today with my wife and our small boys. a familly vacancy without my game PC :)

I will keep the highest modders rule to do not set any public release date, just still be patient a while yet ;)

This era can be overlooked , your work is appreciated
if you mean the F1 gold era, the 1967 still is the hot wanted one, I think. even such cars are a regular part of the commercial simrace games now. at least in one such piece there. usually Lotus 49.

at the modding scene there is the only full 1967 grid available as various derivates of the SlimJims unallowed GPLEA ripped stuff, including the Assetto Corsa payware add-on.

so, the F1 LEGENDS mod is the only free, permission correct solution infact, present day. this was the reason why Ive started to create this mod. to have have a decent, free alternative to GPL stuff fans, for most of common simgames. the F1LR 2.0 is currently available for GT Legends, GTR 2 and rRactor. the AMS is nearly finalisation. the rFactor 2 version is wip. none asked me for AC conversion unfortunatelly.

Last edited:
Quick feedback, for a quick test.
All cars looks great, the sounds are gorgeous! :thumbsup:
Took the BRM, the Honda, the Lotus and the Ferrari to Kyalami 76. A couple of laps with each.

Then I ran into some troubles, and doubts, listing below:

-Hard and soft tires? I dont think it existed back then. It should be just one type of compound.

-For the Honda and the Lotus all worked as it should driving wise. If you´re not lifting while upshifting and bliping while downshifting, you´re over reving the engine all the time and locking the rears. For the BRM and the Ferrari autoblip and lift is completely on and you can go full gas between the gears without concern. Need to check the other models.

-The physics of the BRM and the Ferrari feels very wrong. Feels like FWD cars. You apply the gas at full out of a corner and the car runs into understeer. With all that power at the back, it doesnt feel apropriate. Also with the Ferrari I was getting a feeling of suspension failure, with the right front wheel loosing touch with the ground in a lot of corners.

Super happy with the release :). But it needs a bit more of work.

thank you for playing the mod :)

well, the AMS physics is same for all kind of F1LR simgame mod variants, in base (GT Legends, GTR 2, Factor), its made by deep-strike and is accepted pretty well by the users (thousands of downloads), that is all what I can say for it ;)

to be honest, the F1LR physics definitely will be not updated somehow by me, I am not such part of modding stuff related. you could contact deep-strike, but he currently is not available because of a very serious live / health related reasons.

btw, the mod doesn't content any BRM, Lotus, Ferrari and such cars at all... and you cant count the F1LR vehicles will act exact same way like would the real 1967 ones. you can even notice all the F1LR cars share same wheel base and tire proportion parameters... :)

Last edited:
I understand that BoreKSt.
I only used the real names because is how I know the cars. I know that on the Mod they dont have real names.

However, my observations stand.
Specially the autoblip/autolift question. All cars should have this turned off. At least the way I think. This is important matter.
Also the 2 compounds for the tires, is not right.
I know it is not your area, and my feedback was only my impressions, that all can be free to disagree.

Best regards and a speed recovery to deep-strike.
Thanks.

Last edited:
well, I am pretty sure there exists some such ones, converted from the rFactor sources. still I personally didnt tested them, just using the few AMS default historic ones. Spielberg is my favorite track. a beauty, reminds me old Spa very ;)

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 238 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 120 7.5%
  • < 5 years