Tracks WIP - early 60's Watkins Glen

Nice. Current Watkins Glen was always a bright summer track for me since I head up there for the IMSA and NASCAR races, but classic should be Fall since that's when the F1 races were ran back in the day.

Even though it is a pretty desaturated home movie, you can get an idea of the Autumn reds and oranges and golds in the shots of the back straight at about 3:30 in this video. Lovely stuff - I really can't wait to drive it!

Nice. Current Watkins Glen was always a bright summer track for me since I head up there for the IMSA and NASCAR races, but classic should be Fall since that's when the F1 races were ran back in the day.
always made my tracks for summer, but this time decided to go autumn... anyway looks nice too :)

20210330183850_1.jpg

Thanks Sergio, this track is great fun to drive and feels very authentic - as is expected from your work. I have just been driving this with the TransAm Legends cars from SmallBlockHero/Bazza/etc and while not quite period correct cars for the track as you have portrayed it perhaps (a few years out), they are a great fit! Looking forward to trying it with the GP Legends F1 cars later.

DL'd and sent some covid relief funds. Thanks for the beautiful circuit mate, I can't wait to try it when I get home.
Kind of off topic but how far are we from seeing trees other than the 2 2D billboard type? Can the AC engine handle anything more intensive or will we have to wait for AC2? There's a lot more computer power available in 2021 than 2014 and I would love to see tracks being released with hi and lo res trees. I've done some research on AAA games like Horizon Zero Dawn but not sure what is really possible with racing sim engines. Dirt Rally 2.0 is the best I know of but I don't get very good fps on that title with my rigs. Any threads on this subject feel free to point me there.

DL'd and sent some covid relief funds. Thanks for the beautiful circuit mate, I can't wait to try it when I get home.
Kind of off topic but how far are we from seeing trees other than the 2 2D billboard type? Can the AC engine handle anything more intensive or will we have to wait for AC2? There's a lot more computer power available in 2021 than 2014 and I would love to see tracks being released with hi and lo res trees. I've done some research on AAA games like Horizon Zero Dawn but not sure what is really possible with racing sim engines. Dirt Rally 2.0 is the best I know of but I don't get very good fps on that title with my rigs. Any threads on this subject feel free to point me there.
Y trees still look fine when done right. Other game engines can do tricks with 2D/3D tree blending which AC cannot do at this time.
Screenshot_ks_corvette_c7r_bridgehampton_30-4-118-23-18-14.jpg

Screenshot_rss_gt_vortex_v10_bridgehampton_21-4-118-15-32-2.jpg

I really don't like this at all. The grass is awful. The whole environment seems static and perfunctory. I appreciate it is free, but I don't like it at all. I've actually deleted it. I feel bad saying this, considering I've never contributed anything to AC, but this feels like it was created without any love for the project, perfunctory. I played GPL for years, this seems almost insulting to my memory of the first track where I went negative.
There's an inflatable curb all the way around, uniform. There are tyres placed uniformly all the way around for no apparent reason. Uniform white line all the way around. Spectators almost standing on the track for no apparent reason. I don't get it.
All the different options just makes it worse. Bumpy or smooth? Seriously?

Last edited:
Excellent video showcasing the track in a lovely evening setting by @GPLaps here:

I'll be honest, I thought the colour palette looked a little too washed out for my personal taste, but seeing it in this lighting; can't wait to give that a try later.

There's an inflatable curb all the way around, uniform. There are tyres placed uniformly all the way around for no apparent reason. Uniform white line all the way around. Spectators almost standing on the track for no apparent reason. I don't get it.

You serious? I think your issue may be more with the nature of motorsports in the 1960s than with this Assetto Corsa track.

What's your next review? "I didn't like Dirt Rally because it seems very unrealistic cars would drive on mud with spectators next to the road whilst someone reads me directions".

There are some areas where the circuit could be improved, sure, but it's the best '60s Watkins Glen by a mile; if you think the GPL one is better, you're welcome to use the conversion that's out there instead, although I think you may be wearing very rose tinted glasses.

Last edited:
This is every bit as fun as I'd hoped! Nicely done, and I love the early Autumn colors in the trees. I also get a kick out of the voice over the loudspeaker near the pits. And those curbs - whoah, you do NOT want to play with those!

Great job! I sent some Mod Bucks your way!

I really don't like this at all. The grass is awful. The whole environment seems static and perfunctory. I appreciate it is free, but I don't like it at all. I've actually deleted it. I feel bad saying this, considering I've never contributed anything to AC, but this feels like it was created without any love for the project, perfunctory. I played GPL for years, this seems almost insulting to my memory of the first track where I went negative.
All the different options just makes it worse. Bumpy or smooth? Seriously?

Yeah it figures that you've never made anything, because otherwise you'd not be so disparaging about someone's hard work.
I'm starting to wonder why modders bother..

I want to thank all of you who supported my work with Watkins Glen. I really don't have enough words of thanks. I send you all a big hug and I hope that soon I can surprise you with a new circuit !! Best wishes to all of you !! Greetings

Puede ser una imagen de al aire libre

Somewhere in Spain, near Barcelona??? A d S-T? Maybe it's just a placeholder picture for another circuit, but I think you are doing exactly this one... YES!!! :) This track will be awesome and it's in the best hands! Best whishes, have a happy easter monday!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 504 39.0%