Tracks WIP - early 60's Watkins Glen

Great promising project
We need classic glen for modern sims :)

P. S. One request: is it possible to have an alternative "no tyres inside curbs" version to use with 70s' F1/Sports cars?

Why are you putting tires on the inside? Watkins never had that many buried tires ever. Just a few at the sports car chicane.
at early/mid 60's it had at others turns too. going to reduce the number of tyres by 3 or 2, too much now.
This-shot-was-snapped-during-the-1966-United-States-Grand-Prix-at-Watkins-Glen-N.Y. (1).jpg

I don't know how many Laps I have on that Circuit- or how many virtual Lotus 49's are scattered there besides the Track :roflmao:
I drove that track for some weeks almost exclusively before I could obtain a Full version of GPL...

I am so, so, so happy to see this. I was considering taking on this project myself eventually but I am very glad you beat me to it haha. I would still like to do the 1948-1952 street course if no-one else does - I too had GPL back in the day and enjoyed many a lap in the Eagle at both versions of the circuit. WGI was my home track growing up, I lived 8.5 miles southwest of the tip of the boot.

Since the F1 races were often near the end of the season, in the Autumn, what are the chances of getting an Autumn skin for this? I'm still pretty new here, and don't know if I could do it myself, but I would give it a go if no one else will....

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back