Tracks Circuit Mont Tremblant [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two submitted a new resource:

-WIP- Circuit Mont Tremblant - Nearing completion of the Canadian beauty @ St. Jovite

This tracks 3 layouts are all near fully functional. You can have a Race Weekend at either the Full or North Loop, while just a Quick Race at the South Loop. Time Attack works only in the Full Circuit for now.

The walls are invisible for now, but will stop you from driving into the forest.

What I know needs to be done:
  • make proper looking visible fences & walls
  • create pit-lane for South-Loop
  • group trees & optimize where I can
  • tidy up bridge
  • rough up the road...

Read more about this resource...

Thanks for sharing. But some video or at least few screenshots would be nice... :)
trFai29.jpg

it's like they found a poutine cart on the outside of this corner. Almost every AI car will drive here, and basically park until they get their fill of the yummy Canadian goodness. Sometimes they eat too much and retire, and other times they'll re-join the track.

If I could make a video, I'd consider it, but I can't so...

Thank you for working and sharing your progress on this track, it deserve to be in AC.
Will be enjoying it as is and totally looking forward to the updates.

Two updated -WIP- Circuit Mont Tremblant with a new update entry:

AI fix, walls removed, noise added

Thanks to mms, the AI issue has been fixed and I/You can now race the AI in the awesome short-loop layout. I also re-did the camera set for the short-loop.

Removed the invisible walls that some disliked. Turned the rumble strip kerbs to "visible", tidied up a couple road transitions, added some noise to the road and probably adjusted some shader values.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Two updated -WIP- Circuit Mont Tremblant with a new update entry:

very minor adjustments

Adjusted some terrain on the road-sides and underneath several fences. New AI line on the main layout. I can't seem to get all the cars in game to run the track properly (Namerow corner), so if you race AI, you'll need to find one(s) that can. There's also been several shader value changes.

Smoothed the sections of road that form the transitions from North & South layouts to the main layout. Racing either of these layouts is a bit nicer now.

Some of the terrain tweaks created minor road...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I still drive the historic version of this track in GPL with Can-Am mods. A bit forgotten circuit, but just like Mosport, excellent layout with elevation changes give it a bit of a "mini-Nurburgring" feel. Would love to have it in AC as well, so keep working on it, it's worth the effort. 0.72 looks promising so far.

I would first and foremost recommend changing the way you pack the archive, as I was unable to extract it ether with TotalCommander, or with 7zip, while other .rar files give me no trouble. I've stumbled upon similar problem with other mod track and I know it's related to version of WinRAR and parameters being used.

Since I don't feel like clogging my system by installing WinRAR just for this one single archive, I had to use other computer to extract it. Other people, who face the same problem might not be so patient and they might just delete the file and that's not what you want. 7zip is most commonly used free tool nowadays, I would switch to that one and zip the file insead of rar'ing it If I were you.

Reactions: Two
I still drive the historic version of this track in GPL with Can-Am mods. A bit forgotten circuit, but just like Mosport, excellent layout with elevation changes give it a bit of a "mini-Nurburgring" feel. Would love to have it in AC as well, so keep working on it, it's worth the effort. 0.72 looks promising so far.

I would first and foremost recommend changing the way you pack the archive, as I was unable to extract it ether with TotalCommander, or with 7zip, while other .rar files give me no trouble. I've stumbled upon similar problem with other mod track and I know it's related to version of WinRAR and parameters being used.

Since I don't feel like clogging my system by installing WinRAR just for this one single archive, I had to use other computer to extract it. Other people, who face the same problem might not be so patient and they might just delete the file and that's not what you want. 7zip is most commonly used free tool nowadays, I would switch to that one and zip the file insead of rar'ing it If I were you.
Thanks for this info. I'm sure it'll help some others who might also have this issue...I didn't know there was a problem opening RAR files with other programs, as I only use WinRAR.

I don't have GPL, but I hope this basic version of Mont Tremblant compares well enough to real life...it seems to be reasonable based on several videos I've watched.

Absolutely adore this track. First drove Mont Tremblant decades on Grand Prix 2, and have been waiting for a good version of it on a good sim ever since. This version is epic (especially in the F2004). Thanks so much

For a better experience with the AI on either the North or Full circuits, an AI Hints file really helps. I'm not going to create a new release for it, but instead will paste the text below and you folks can make your own if you race the AI and want an improvement.

AI hints file for the Full Circuit:
Copy the text below into notepad or whatever text editor you use, save this file as ai_hints.ai and place it in your \Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks\mt_tremblant\standard\data folder.

[BRAKEHINT_0]
START=0.880
END=0.920
VALUE=0.85

AI hints file for the North Circuit:
Copy the text below into notepad or whatever text editor you use, save this file as ai_hints.ai and place it in your \Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks\mt_tremblant\north\data folder.

[BRAKEHINT_0]
START=0.816
END=0.853
VALUE=0.87

These hint files help the AI stay on track at Namerow and makes for a better race.

Thanks for downloading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back