you're Cat drives and looks 1000 times better! you guys rock, I never liked caterhams until now
Me too! I hated them. Now I'm flying around Peyre and Semetin at 3am like my pants are on fire in the Caterhams. :cool: :D
Awesome. Thank you :)

May try the different sims/cades pC2, AMS, rF2 just not any time soon.

I do recommend turning down the track grip for rally tracks, even for normal road driving say on Transfagarasan, Nord. T., with any car, you have to play with track grips as most tracks have a lot of grip in their config leaving it up to user to reduce it to "realistic" level of grip. For some precise recommended numbers you can look up what Kunos recommends on AC forum, I honestly don't remember and personally if I want to test these I use dusty 85% preset (rally) or green etc. with 93-95% or so (road tracks).
The 1700 suspension is road like and soft, seemed to grip well on the very bumpy Semetin I was surprised as say the Celica ST185 is stiff as rock and tends to skip around on these bumpy tracks.

When making it I use 100% optimum grip for testing, so there should not be too much grip. And you can definitely feel the front losing grip as aero effects kick in at speed.The LX4 in LFS did struggle for grip as well in a similar way but it's a different sim altogether tyre wise so the details all feel different and they should as it's a different car in how it's made and simulated. Other than that I go by descriptions of people who drove it when fine tuning the details such as dampers, brakes, ... and rest is mostly data found or measured. A small change can have a quite noticeable effect on handling as the Cats are so light, of course it depends how sensitive you are, for me I can change dampers by 2% and notice it, or tyres tweak a value by tiny amount and feel what changed. It takes a lot of practice and years of making setups for many cars in sims, a time consuming thing to do but so worth it when the car drives the way you want it to for the specific track and session type. Some people can drive, some can make setups and fine tune the car, some can do both (to a certain degree) and that IMHO helps a lot be it in sims or behind a real wheel, being able to tell the mechanics what change do you want precisely for your driving style for a particular combo.

What really helped and made a nice impact on handling was adding the progressive spring rate for wheel rate based on changes of motion ratio (ratio between wheel rate and spring rate) as suspension moves up and down. The angle of spring on front is large and the MR changes considerably. If I remember right it's 9kN/m when leveled and around 10kN/m when seriously bottoming out, that's 11% gain in wheel rate. And this is done for both front and rear wheel rate and bumpstop rates (made available in 1.15). AC has no spring position or spring rates, everything is done at the wheel, everyone making any car has to convert all the values from where they are from into wheel position. This can get even more confusing when you are in game and it shows you wheel rate values labelled as spring rates etc. at least it used to, thinking these values are wrong when you do not know that these are all wheel based, meaning if you want to use real data in the setup menu you have to convert it to wheel based first as well. This was not the case with LFS I think and it had spring etc. positions and the data could easily be used without conversions. These conversions and moving suspension to get the MR change with suspension movement are non trivial, 3D geometry math, the 2D approximations you can find online are quite poor I've compared them and with the large angles as are on Caterham front spring they are waaay off.

Wouldn't your pants being on fire cause a pretty significant distraction? Can't be good for lap times.

The faster you go the more the flames are put out ;)

Chariots of Fire

18 pages later.
And to celebrate my computer work space being back to normal (more or less dusty)
i had to go back to ksEditor, see if i still know how it works!
Like riding a bicyclette !

420r on early duty :

7mod_180116_420r_01.jpg

7mod_180116_420r_02.jpg

caterham-seven-420-5a.jpg

6Cx0Suc.jpg

the closest I could get in terms of angle and color with CM. Some parts look odd, front grille, don't know if it's due FOV or not.
i have so much work done since so long, with many different sources, that i'm scared of using the 3D match thingy that Alberto-3DR is using for his models... mine will end up not that close to the real thing... so i'd rather not know XD
The ostrich policy. I like ostriches.

i have so much work done since so long, with many different sources, that i'm scared of using the 3D match thingy that Alberto-3DR is using for his models... mine will end up not that close to the real thing... so i'd rather not know XD
The ostrich policy. I like ostriches.
Yeah, I have fear of trying it on the Transit too :roflmao: Unless it was used at the start, I wouldn't bother. I do not like the idea of laying awake in bed knowing I've made it inaccurately :roflmao:

Just only about an hour or so ago, I was looking at a real Transit, thinking about how good your model looks. I wouldn't worry too much there. ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 339 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 8.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.4%