Cars WIP and coming soon: Ferrari's Opponents 2013

A Hungarian guy building it for a RF2 League, who went totally off the line, and gave the mod over to Frenky who continued making physics for an offline edition. It's been one of the most widely used RF2 mods (because: Full grid of different makes is rare there, as well) and the idea to bring it together with the Kunos F138 was just self-evident.

A Hungarian guy building it for a RF2 League, who went totally off the line, and gave the mod over to Frenky who continued making physics for an offline edition. It's been one of the most widely used RF2 mods (because: Full grid of different makes is rare there, as well) and the idea to bring it together with the Kunos F138 was just self-evident.
Thanks. What do you mean with totally of the line?

I'm normally not a fan of open wheelers, but a full grid of F1 machines, measured up to the F138 might turn me around ;)

(I think its totally legit to ask for model sources, especially after what just went down with the AGU group and their M6 GT3 mod...)

What happened there? Not familiar with the story.
The M6 model they had been showing off turned out to be ripped from some other source (if you have the right tools it very easy to unpack kn5s and check and compare models). They at first tried to defend in the typical "we got the model from someone else and didn't know" manner, but folded and pulled the download, deleted all facebook posts around it (https://www.facebook.com/agumodding/), but are still defending themselves in that last post there.

Seems like they don't understand that the main problem is not using a ripped model, but outright stating from the beginning that everything about the mod is made from scratch. And about the point of the mod being freeware... the AGU guys had their M6 on display on this years Simracing Expo at the Nürburgring, on the full motion rig of some manufacturer. Who knows what profit/benefit they made from that.

Ripping cars would be contrary to our principles.

Our goal was to donate to you all a complete free high-level mod. As already well described by Helmut, Frenky was so gentle to allow us to convert the mod from rFactor2. The mod is the well known rft2013. We would have written all details in the download post. I really don't understand why it's so easy thinking about the ripping. We never ripped anything, we are not ripping anything and anything will be ripped in the future...

I'm not the 3d guy...so I don't know how it works....in which way a wireframe could dispel any thoughts of ripped model? Can you compare it with the hypothetical original 3D model? If the answer is yes, that means you opend an original 3d model right? Is this legit? thanks for your answer

A conversion is not like building a mod from scratch. the most of images seems the same because the 3d model was almost ready.... a part for the skins, shaders animation drs, driver... and so on.

Anyway if possible I'll ask to post some wip image or wireframe

Stay tuned

Seems like they don't understand that the main problem is not using a ripped model, but outright stating from the beginning that everything about the mod is made from scratch. And about the point of the mod being freeware... the AGU guys had their M6 on display on this years Simracing Expo at the Nürburgring, on the full motion rig of some manufacturer. Who knows what profit/benefit they made from that.

I know one of the two guys behind AGU from real life. He came in contact with the rig manufacturer at last year's "Essen Motorshow" and helped the guys with selling a rig to someone. That's why the manufacturer, a small German company, was thankful and probably used the M6 at the Sim Expo.
However, I'm really pissed because of his behaviour. The same story (use ripped model, claim its scratch-made, rip is busted, "we got the model from someone, no idea it was ripped") has already happended with "their" Porsche 911 (997) GT3 R. Actually he's a nice person in RL, but lying that brazenly (to me) twice is a no no.

However, I'm really pissed because of his behaviour. The same story (use ripped model, claim its scratch-made, rip is busted, "we got the model from someone, no idea it was ripped") has already happended with "their" Porsche 911 (997) GT3 R. Actually he's a nice person in RL, but lying that brazenly (to me) twice is a no no.
I'm often vary of modding groups because they tend to throw out "finished" renders of mods instead of starting their documentation early on like typical single person modders.

Guys, with all respect... This thread is about our WIP F.O. mod that many in the community, I'm sure, will appreciate for providing a pretty complete experience in a single package. The origin of the mod was already descriped in my initial posting. Any further discussion about ripping models in general belongs somewhere else, not here.

Last edited:
Okay, little problem.
The whole mod- each version by itself - has about 800MB. RD allows only 300MB File downloads. I've asked someone if there can be a different way to handle that here. We really would like a very complete and single package for download and install per version. Anyone has any different ideas short of putting it up at Mega or another file size (without all the benefits of the RD system)?

Last edited:
Please do not circumvent our download section rules by uploading external links in text or archive files, or posting direct links in a thread.

Anyway, I have contacted some Staffys about the 800 MB file. Maybe we can arrange something. Maybe... ;)
Cheers
Andrew

Thanks for checking in Andrew. I had sent a PM earlier to Paul but supose he hadn't time to read or reply yet.

For me, one unique quality of this mod compared to almost everything else available for AC to date is that it's a complete package. It would feel soooo stupid to split into multiple parts when it just seems so right to make it a single "drop to install".

Edit: It is possible we have a solution. But a bit more leeway might be handy either way.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back