[WIP] ACE 2012

thanks for the feedback.
For the tier adjustments, I have been adjusting the AI only as it is much easier. Adjusting the players performance is possible, but needs far more testing and tweaking.
I haven't found a way to adjust the speed of single teams, though looking at how different the paces of alonso and massa are, there seems to be a greater effect of the driver's abilities in the database, maybe single teams can be slowed down or sped up here.
When I have the time, which is sadly not at the moment, I will take a look at the tracks, some corners seem to be really fast, others slower, I will try to balance that out.
Will have a look at the race starts too, the acceleration as well as the first corners. Especially in wet weather they seem to be quite slow again.
I will also try to make the AI cars loose less speed while fighting against the player or each other. I think they are getting really slow while fighting for places, especially on corner entry. (braking very early).

I haven't tried patch 2 yet, don't know if they will release a third one, so at the moment I don't know for which patch it will be ..

Hi RowingAce,

Another thing maybe to look at would be AI speed towards the end of the race.

For example, in my 1st Australia race (100%, no assists, sims on), my team mate Ricciardo sat comfortably behind me for 2/3 of the race, then suddenly he started lapping 1s faster than me at the very least, to the point that on the finish line he was 30s ahead.

Found that weird... :confused:

Looking forward to your mod! :thumbsup:

Hi RowingAce,

For example, in my 1st Australia race (100%, no assists, sims on), my team mate Ricciardo sat comfortably behind me for 2/3 of the race, then suddenly he started lapping 1s faster than me at the very least, to the point that on the finish line he was 30s ahead.

This is happening to me, definitely (100% career, pro level). If this could be fixed along with the silly loss of grip in some wet conditions, this would be a brilliant game.
Right now, towards the end of a race, leader(s) are doing un-catchable times, just spoils the realism - feels like the game is cheating me.

Hi RowingAce,

That's strange. For me - it's the opposite. I was with Caterham qualified 7th and jumped to 2nd for a few laps, but after that I was barely holding up my place. Vettel was faster than me but couldn't pass me or if he did - I repassed him quickly. But he was definitely faster. At the pit stops, 2010 shits again - so I entered first but came out last. So had to overtake something like 6-7 cars and I could do it till the end of the race. So for me, they were slower at the end of the race.

P.S. I was on Australia, where were you?

hi,
is it possible to manage the break point infront of corners of the ai. I made the experience, that the ai is breaking a bit too early when they break for a corner. I always break later and so, i was never overtaken by an ai driver at a corner. I play on professional, i don't know how it's in legend, but is this possible to manage the break point of ai?

Looking forward to your mod.

Hi RowingAce, glad to see you are working on F1 2012, your work on F1 2011 transformed the experience for me. I have actually been waiting to install my new copy of the game until you release your mod. I also noticed that CM seem to have gone patch crazy at the moment, quite unprecedented in my experience. Looks like they may have finally finished with their tinkering now with patch 11. I wish you the best of luck with your impending work on the ACE 2012 mod!

Hi, RowingAce. I want to bring your attention (and not only yours) to F1 2012 again as the patching process seems to have finished.

One major problem for me - just finished season 1 in career and stayed with Caterham. I noticed that the player's car does not change at all compared to the last season, it even seems to have less downforce. I did not receive a single R&D upgrade in season 1 (the infamous R&D bug). The team should have moved to tier 3 (assuming there are 4 tiers this year). Torro Rosso HAVE gone down a bit and post times pretty much similar to HRT/Marussia. However, my teammate is at least a second faster than me on Legend. I destroyed him in the first season, I can beat Legend in quick race as well. It's much more challenging than last year but still - I manage it.

I faced the same issue in F1 2011 - if you stay with the lower team, your teammate gets the new car - yours stays the same. Is this a normal? Could it be changed without affecting the AI as I was pretty comfortable with their pace in season 1?

Thanks and hope you get back to modding soon.

Hi, RowingAce. I want to bring your attention (and not only yours) to F1 2012 again as the patching process seems to have finished.

One major problem for me - just finished season 1 in career and stayed with Caterham. I noticed that the player's car does not change at all compared to the last season, it even seems to have less downforce. I did not receive a single R&D upgrade in season 1 (the infamous R&D bug). The team should have moved to tier 3 (assuming there are 4 tiers this year). Torro Rosso HAVE gone down a bit and post times pretty much similar to HRT/Marussia. However, my teammate is at least a second faster than me on Legend. I destroyed him in the first season, I can beat Legend in quick race as well. It's much more challenging than last year but still - I manage it.

I faced the same issue in F1 2011 - if you stay with the lower team, your teammate gets the new car - yours stays the same. Is this a normal? Could it be changed without affecting the AI as I was pretty comfortable with their pace in season 1?

Thanks and hope you get back to modding soon.

All AI drivers drive the same car with different textures. They use the EQUAL cars in online mode. Their performance just upgrade as the team gets to Tier 3. And Tier 3 is set to make XXX lap times. Nothing we can do about it.

All AI drivers drive the same car with different textures. They use the EQUAL cars in online mode. Their performance just upgrade as the team gets to Tier 3. And Tier 3 is set to make XXX lap times. Nothing we can do about it.

mostly true, the main problem is though, that the players car does not develop equally as the AI cars when changing tiers.
Right now I am trying to make a performance mod, to bring the player's laptimes closer to reality and the different cars closer together.
It's a little tricky without affecting the tyre wear ...

My main concern here is that your teammate starts with the new car and all the R&D upgrades. I'll continue my season with Caterham hoping for a better future but it seems like it will be a struggle. Hoping you guys can bring the player's performance to the ones which the AI does.

Can't wait to see what happens with this mod, but I am racing the career 100% distance with the new Pro ai that's a little faster than the old pro and it seems to suit me pretty good at least on season 1 with Williams. Before update to new pro ai, I was crushing them winning everything, but legend was too fast.

I wonder if this mod will only change legend ai or will it "fix" pro too?

Thanks, Ace, for the update. My biggest spoiler in Career is the car performances at the moment, not the pace. I am alright with Legend, it quite matches me, but the last couple of laps on in every race length are horrible. I used to do 50% for career and they just go quicker and quicker no matter what setup I choose. Tried to restart career, first with Caterham, 2nd season Kov was 3 seconds faster than me, second time with HRT, De la rosa was 4 seconds faster in Melbourne... Especially the latter part of the race.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 493 39.3%