Cars WIP - 911 by Singer

Ben O'Bro

Premium
EDIT 2019/10
Singer v0.9 : https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/porsche-911-singer.29318/
--------------------------

it's happening, i'm creating a new thread. After too many pages of Caterham(s)... - still my first mod ever :D - the time has come.

Now i went the lazy road again.
After accepting the challenge of taking the e-type from Dan, and not doing it... while populating 900km² of Californian mountains with trees, rocks, bushes and other fun stuff, i decided to stay down there with a 911 made in California. A Singer. (singervehicledesign.com)
Here i am taking yet another 3D model from the hand of someone.

Who is someone ?
Szymon Kubicki. A generous human being who kindly gives away his 3D model of a very well done Singer he made from scratch, for the sole purpose of making stunning renders!
model 3D.jpg

Find his renders here : https://www.behance.net/gallery/77607165/Porsche-911-Singer

After getting in touch with him, he was very enthusiastic with the idea of seeing his model in a game, so with his authorisation, i started converting his 4 million polygons into a more game-friendly model.

After a bit less than 20 hours on it, here it is so far, around 180.000 triangles and no interior yet!
singer mesh07.PNG singer mesh08.PNG
singer mesh06.PNG
The red mesh is the original, the green is after my cleaning and remodeling parts.

So far after simple materials and no dds other than simple colors:
__custom_showroom_1554484633.jpg

__custom_showroom_1554491580.jpg __custom_showroom_1554491603.jpg __custom_showroom_1554491623.jpg __custom_showroom_1554491656.jpg

It does look nice already, but don't get the wrong idea, it's far from finished!
The whole interior remains, and then mapping, baking, some rigging etc... my way to keep myself busy after LAC 1.0 !

On the physic side: @Kyuubeey offered his help to do the physics of the car, which he already started, based on the 964, mostly what Singer is taking to convert for their projects.
And since i'm lazy and clueless regarding physics, that will be completely his work there!

I hope this second mod to be as enjoyable as the first one(s) has been!

All the best
-ben

Last edited:
Hey. As mentioned, I'll be doing physics for this one. Some of you might know me from my shitposting in the Shader Patch discord or my R34 I released earlier this year under the "Arch" name. :thumbsup:

I'll be doing the physics as properly I can because a wealth of data exists on the 964 and related 911s. There's some unknowns as always but it's already at a high level. The base 964 is almost done, then I'll be moving on to the RS and Turbo versions so I can compare to video footage: and THEN comes the Singer. Instead of going directly into a car that there doesn't exist much footage and anecdote of, I'll do it right and complete the base it's built off.

If someone's interested in modeling a stock 964, get in touch with us!

This is going to be spectacular! I love old cars, and I love Porsches, so to have a new old car in AC is going to be heaven :inlove:

Thanks for working on this guys, and I am really looking forward to following your progress :thumbsup:

Hi im currently doing a fia gt 98-99 project for ams and rf2 with a newly established crew.. we kinda needed to do a 964 so i might aswell give you one too..

The 964 i will do looks like this..
You will have a base for a roadcar atleast

Attachments

• 1554557669403657414762.png
    1554557669403657414762.png
    1,023.8 KB · Views: 562
Last edited:
Hi im currently doing a fia gt 98-99 project for ams and rf2 with a newly established crew.. we kinda needed to do a 964 so i might aswell give you one too..

The 964 i will do looks like this..
You will have a base for a roadcar atleast
Hey, very cool. Please, get in touch with Ben!

What kind of specs does that car run? Historical Cup specs or something modern? Do you have someone making physics for it already? I'd be happy to share any of my work with your guys.

The funny thing is we arent to certain wich specs it runs hahahha.. We contacted the team running it for the info.. but they dont even know.. The thing with the bovi 964 is that was a special one... In fia gt 1999 monza round it was after 4 laps already lapped by the oreca vipers heh.. All we know its very close to resambling a ordinary mid 90s 964.. But we found some odd things in the fia gt 98-99 regulations. We do want to belive they ran some odd engine config wich didint relay on tubo at all. Even more odd is that racingsportscars belives its a 993 gt2 wich it is not. (They told me they ran 993 later and after 1999) i would like not to invade but i can show you some of the work ive done for our fia gt 98-99 mod.. Well like you guys we are also in need for some 3d modelers.. But hey i do stuff free and would be fun helping you too..

I'm also on the team too, we contacted Bovi but they didn't have anything on the car nowadays, but I believe it may actually be a 964 with a 993 GT2 drivetrain based on how the car was entered as a "911 GT2" during events and how it had pace to out qualify some of the slower 993 GT2s. I've gotten some base specs for the standard GT2s, and got in contact with people selling one of the Friesinger GT2s, so I'm trying to see if I can find anything on the less well prepared ones and the Roock and Konrad 3.8L cars.

I'm not sure I'd wanna work on the racecar, I'll leave it to you guys who knows more, but I have an (what I believe to be) accurate front susp geometry made from Aphidgod's 993's base, and a quite good solution for the semi-trailing arm complete with toe link, alongside quite sensible aero values for the base model Carrera. If you guys want to take a look at any of it (Once it's at a more completed state overall) I'll be happy to share. :thumbsup:

great to know! its alright about the physics.. we will find something hopefully.. didint want to invade but unless you have a 993 model you can reach out to this guy
https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/pbr-porsche-993-e8158a66a23f4f8d91d8bfa41f2ef5da
we were allowed to use it for ours.. We would be eventually do the required changes to keep it race spec if i say so.. (Wich he was fine with ofc) Its not a rip of any kind and its kinda low on polys if you ask me but atleast its something.. Once i get 964 i will be back :p

It might be worth checking out the 964 in R3E. As far as I'm concerned its the best simulation of a vintage Porsche in any sim to date! Sublte details like needing to let the RPMs drop a bit before blipping and downshifting (least you miss shift) really make this car shine in R3E.

great to know! its alright about the physics.. we will find something hopefully.. didint want to invade but unless you have a 993 model you can reach out to this guy
https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/pbr-porsche-993-e8158a66a23f4f8d91d8bfa41f2ef5da
we were allowed to use it for ours.. We would be eventually do the required changes to keep it race spec if i say so.. (Wich he was fine with ofc) Its not a rip of any kind and its kinda low on polys if you ask me but atleast its something.. Once i get 964 i will be back :p
Thanks for reaching out! Always nice to hear some new mods in the pipeline.

As much as I'd like to do more 911 for AC
I'll start by focusing on this Singer properly ! Plenty enough work to do, and sun coming out usually means less time in front of a computer ;)

As for the 993, another utopian idea of mine was to take A3DR model once he makes it for his NFS mod, and convert it to a GT2.

Once again, let's see how the Singer goes, I ain't good at multitasking!!

Yeah no worries! I will do my 964 for our own mod ofc.. what ever gets done i will be dropping by.. the blueprint is based on 1993 version and ive taken some pictures of the forza one to keep me in touch of refrence images.. Good luck and great project! Atleast you will have option avaible

Hey guys, I am really happy to see another Porsche coming towards AC ... cant' have enough of them!

Hey. As mentioned, I'll be doing physics for this one. Some of you might know me from my shitposting in the Shader Patch discord or my R34 I released earlier this year under the "Arch" name. :thumbsup:

I'll be doing the physics as properly I can because a wealth of data exists on the 964 and related 911s. There's some unknowns as always but it's already at a high level. The base 964 is almost done, then I'll be moving on to the RS and Turbo versions so I can compare to video footage: and THEN comes the Singer. Instead of going directly into a car that there doesn't exist much footage and anecdote of, I'll do it right and complete the base it's built off.

If someone's interested in modeling a stock 964, get in touch with us!

Regarding suspension geometry, please check out the Elephant Racing website - their suspension component catalog pages on their web shop are awesome reference for different generation Porsche 911 suspension geometry. It is always a great source of additional reference when you are looking an extra edge.

Good luck with the project - I will be following this closely ;-)

Hey guys, I am really happy to see another Porsche coming towards AC ... cant' have enough of them!

Regarding suspension geometry, please check out the Elephant Racing website - their suspension component catalog pages on their web shop are awesome reference for different generation Porsche 911 suspension geometry. It is always a great source of additional reference when you are looking an extra edge.

Good luck with the project - I will be following this closely ;-)
It would be a good reference: if the models were accurate.

I don't know about the rear, but having made a geometry off-of the front's model in that page, all of the angles and everything are way off compared to for example an above shot of a real 993/964 suspension on it's wheels. :unsure: Things like KPI, balljoint placement on the hub etc.

I don't know why that is, but I will trust real schematics and real images over a model. Those line up with visuals and produce sensible curves as well. *shrug*

It would be a good reference: if the models were accurate.

I don't know about the rear, but having made a geometry off-of the front's model in that page, all of the angles and everything are way off compared to for example an above shot of a real 993/964 suspension on it's wheels. :unsure: Things like KPI, balljoint placement on the hub etc.

I don't know why that is, but I will trust real schematics and real images over a model. Those line up with visuals and produce sensible curves as well. *shrug*
I made my 996s Multilink based on those pelican parts schematics mostly and it worked out ok. Just needed another schematic with clearly defined size of a part (iirc i used the brake disc) to get the scale right

I made my 996s Multilink based on those pelican parts schematics mostly and it worked out ok. Just needed another schematic with clearly defined size of a part (iirc i used the brake disc) to get the scale right
It could be that it is more accurate. The 964 doesn't line up very well at all. O_o

We're talking more than 5deg off SAI and so on. I trust Aphidgod who made the original 993 geometry enough to not question it, given that other sources line up way better.

Absolutely - if you have REAL data and good enough sample images and drawings that is always the best solution.
If the only references are distorted photographs at unknown focal length and unknown image crop to re-engineer actual dimensions I found the Elephant Racing CAD renderings of suspension parts very helpful - keep in mind, Elephant Racing is Elephant Racing and not in the business of selling Porsche OEM components but modified parts ;-)

I came across a lot of horrific suspension setups in Porsche mod cars over the years and hope you guys have the very best of references to bring the very unique driving dynamics of the 911 to life.

It's not like I have laser suspension measurements, but they're done from schematics, and I double checked with some largely non-distorted images. Curves line up decently as well, although I will double check them later.

For sure, it is better than whatever Kunos made for their 911's and whatever mods have come out. Not a lot of people understand how to make a trailing or semi trailing arm with DWB. Kunos also got it wrong. :roflmao:

It's not like I have laser suspension measurements, but they're done from schematics, and I double checked with some largely non-distorted images. Curves line up decently as well, although I will double check them later.

For sure, it is better than whatever Kunos made for their 911's and whatever mods have come out. Not a lot of people understand how to make a trailing or semi trailing arm with DWB. Kunos also got it wrong. :roflmao:
Kunos also implemented Multilink, but still gave it's 991s DWB at the rear :rolleyes:

But I agree, rather trust aphidgod, stereo or JPG ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 320 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 164 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 280 13.5%