Cars WIP - 911 by Singer

Evo said 425bhp if I remember correctly so even more disparity :D I think the Singer brochure shows the R&T test sheet. Who knows what the conditions were like at Laguna and whether the driver was pushing. I was using max grip ingame so that could be some of the time. My load cell is dying and it wasn't a perfect lap so it is definitely good for 32's at full grip. I have to say the car is great fun to drive, quite scary mid corner through the faster stuff! It's very addictive and I wouldn't complain if it stayed exactly as it is :thumbsup:

HA! Mid corner at speeds above 240 km/h the car will try to sneak up on you and rip your face off! Its beautiful! :laugh:

Last edited:
I remember Chris Harris having made 2 or 3 videos about Singer Porsches - one of them a factory tour with interviews and another he was at the wheel. Perhaps he talked about power figures in any of those.

In the videos I've seen with Harris and the Singer the only comment I recall is him saying the car felt like it had a bit more power than what Singer claimed. The Singer rep simply grinned and laughed at that. :roflmao:

Usually people assume flywheel power when given figures, so even if we go just by that, it'll feel like more. Without taking into account that, from what I've been told, these commonly dyno in a 40hp range or so. Not unimaginable to get perhaps 400+ out of an unit with an optimistic dyno.

Oh, I'm well aware of the theory. :thumbsup:

In reality you need to know the platform and driving environment well. I'm trying to make a quite peculiar platform work in every tarmac environment for every driver, so some things can go out of the window and compromises need to be made.

For example 10% or more flat ride is suggested, but fast 964 setups seem to be largely front biased, so that the car doesn't oversteer; and you cannot fix it with more front ARB because it will just accentuate the turn-in oversteer.

On the other hand, you could maybe want some small rotation on entry; but the higher rear frequency also gives an unstable feeling to some drivers. So it could be desirable to stick with slightly front biased frequencies and put in a stronger rear ARB, which will also serve to limit rear roll, which will benefit the trailing arm setup.

Then again, more ARB will cause the rear wheels to be coupled together, and with the relatively high unsprung mass of the trailing arm setup...

I'm sure you see where this is going.

Screenshot_bo_singer_ks_drag_15-10-119-0-17-41.jpg

Screenshot_bo_singer_ks_drag_15-10-119-0-18-8.jpg

A friend and I go to Laguna Seca every year for the Concourse De'elegance. The past 2 years there have been a host of Singers there and my God, they might be the most beautiful cars I've ever seen. The attention to detail is second to none. Cannot wait for this mod!

it's spamming day again
finally did the back seats, very important
dash is almost here
lights and mask (thanks A3DR for the tips)
that one's for you ^^
upload_2019-10-19_13-11-53.png

4k bonus : (that when you start seeing the mistakes XD)
__custom_showroom_1571480249.jpg

__custom_showroom_1571480150.jpg

__custom_showroom_1571480940.jpg __custom_showroom_1571480888.jpg __custom_showroom_1571480808.jpg __custom_showroom_1571480753.jpg
__custom_showroom_1571480664.jpg __custom_showroom_1571480612.jpg __custom_showroom_1571480475.jpg __custom_showroom_1571480396.jpg
__custom_showroom_1571480337.jpg __custom_showroom_1571480249.jpg __custom_showroom_1571480150.jpg __custom_showroom_1571481366.jpg
__custom_showroom_1571481156.jpg __custom_showroom_1571481101.jpg

could even start the LOD soon!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back