Cars WIP - 911 by Singer

I think he's waiting for me to release the 993 Turbo first :laugh:
So... you're releasing the turbo for christmas ? :whistling:

__custom_showroom_1570390033.jpg __custom_showroom_1570390057.jpg

there quite a lot to do left to make the singer 1.0 actually
  • DONE wipers animation (and lower than current position)
  • driver position anim
  • DONE brakes textures
  • few extra textures like exhaust, stitch, logo and stuff
  • finishing the few screws & bolts here and there
  • ajdusting the AO (too much noise for now, vray is too slow! Might render at work with Corona :D)
  • the LOOOOOOOOOOOODS, lods to do...
the list is a lot narrower than before tho :)
and the physic is good
the physic is damn good!

Last edited:
Will this be a 4ltr? If so have you tried to do the 1.35.5 at Laguna like R&T did? Oh wait... they were running slicks!
I think it's the 4.0. Can't remember for sure. The one with the quoted output of 390 wheel. In reality they make varying power, something like 380 - 420 is reasonable. I think ours is about 407 wheel peak. So if it makes more power than the reference car, it'll be extra-easy to achieve. :thumbsup:

I don't think I'm gonna make any slicks for this one, and this one's on KW V2 as well, not the Öhlins. Power depends what dyno you measure on in what conditions, too.

Is it accurate? Probably not terribly so, I don't even know what springs they run. The base car is very much so accurate but I'd need more data to get the actual Singer car accurate.
I imagine there's no actual real spec for springs, same for damper valving and rollbar selection. So I put in a sensible range that's not too stiff but not too soft either, around 2hz or so, with commonly used ARB options and "re-valved" V2's from KW's graphs. Tires are generic semis in the correct size and some streets for the dori enthusiast. Comparing to that one video of Chris Harris pedaling, it's not terribly off in the response, but there's only so much you can verify without hard numbers.

Some Singer Turbo action
i mean Singer action

Spending too much time in 3dsmax, i often forget the whole picture... so thanks to @Andy-R for these nice videos!

Sound is from the 911R and will stay that way, it sounds good, and is pretty close to the real thing.
Physic is pretty much final, thanks to Arch and his brillant work on it.
Still work to do on the 3D, mostly polish, actually as listed earlier, so more than just polish xD which can take time!

in the meantime, enjoy
Onboard & TV :

Last edited:
The only real thing I have still uncertainty on if the power is WHEEL figures or FLYwheel figures. :rolleyes:

Our friend here easily beat a quoted time on worse dampers and tires (Which wasn't driven by a journalist but someone actually capable..? Can't remember if they got a race driver onboard.) so I'm inclined to believe that the 390~ is at flywheel. Thing is, I've seen people talking about those figures as dyno figures. So I assumed it's a dyno-run figure.

It's an easy enough conversion either way, but I'll do some research. If anyone knows for sure where the power is quoted at, shoot.

It was a racing driver but who knows how hard he was pushing the car.

There are acceleration test results in the R&T article so I could check against acceltest app ingame to see if that might explain the difference a bit. They have stopping distances also. It says for the hotlap session they used slicks so I will assume they didnt for the performance tests. Question is, would the semi slicks or street tyres match the Michelin PS2's best?

It was a racing driver but who knows how hard he was pushing the car.

There are acceleration test results in the R&T article so I could check against acceltest app ingame to see if that might explain the difference a bit. They have stopping distances also. It says for the hotlap session they used slicks so I will assume they didnt for the performance tests. Question is, would the semi slicks or street tyres match the Michelin PS2's best?
I'm more willing to believe that my power is just off, because Singer's own document lists it as "bhp". Besides, I took another look at the curves I used for reference and I can't be 100% sure they're from the exact same engine specification. I've recreated the reference curve from Singer and I'll check with that. I welcome less power, because somehow the car felt slightly under-tired for what power it was making. :laugh:

Stopping distances are pointless to compare with AC's ABS and lack of brake fade. They're never right: the decel rate slows down immensely at lower speeds.

You can check acceleration, and I'll do the same for this 390bhp and I'm not surprised if the new power is closer.

PS2 are semislicks IIRC.

The quarter mile is about 1sec too slow on Singer's ref curve, and the 0-60 is a bit under 1s slower. Yet the lap seems to be way too fast with the old power. :cautious:

I get 0.3s too slow 1/4mile with the old power (When measuring with the driver error) and about 0.05s too fast 0-100mph with the old power.

So the driver just wasn't pushing?

Oh, and correction, Singer's actual sheet says PEAK horsepower, not bhp. So 390 wheel is still possible.

The quarter mile is about 1sec too slow on Singer's ref curve, and the 0-60 is a bit under 1s slower. Yet the lap seems to be way too fast with the old power. :cautious:

I get 0.3s too slow 1/4mile with the old power (When measuring with the driver error) and about 0.05s too fast 0-100mph with the old power.

Oh, and correction, Singer's actual sheet says PEAK horsepower, not bhp. So 390 wheel is still possible.
Or the tires are too grippy on your car. AC Laguna’s also a percent or two too grippy.

Or the tires are too grippy on your car. AC Laguna’s also a percent or two too grippy.
I'd forgotten Laguna Seca is too grippy in AC, that would explain it somewhat. However my power does come from a dyno curve, and the assumed 390bhp doesn't even begin to line up. If anything, my tires don't have enough grip if we're assuming 390 break is accurate.

The Singer reference curve put in directly as wheel power gets me within 0.1s. Make of it what you will. I'm willing to believe 390 wheel for the 3.0.

EDIT: For tires, they don't pull lateral Gs much more or less than what Singer got with their 0.93g, so I don't think the grip is *that* much off.

Last edited:

Evo said 425bhp if I remember correctly so even more disparity :D I think the Singer brochure shows the R&T test sheet. Who knows what the conditions were like at Laguna and whether the driver was pushing. I was using max grip ingame so that could be some of the time. My load cell is dying and it wasn't a perfect lap so it is definitely good for 32's at full grip. I have to say the car is great fun to drive, quite scary mid corner through the faster stuff! It's very addictive and I wouldn't complain if it stayed exactly as it is :thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 209 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.4%