Cars WIP - 911 by Singer

I glanced at it, thought the wheels look actually really good on that body and that color, quickly tabbed out back to another tab. Imagine my surprise when I looked at it for longer than a second. :O_o:

sorting the interior big WIP ..

obligatory noisy render
half for pleasing my eyes
half for early sorting materials
half for finding out mesh issues
(3x half)
singer mesh10.jpg

singer05.JPG

something around 130.000 tris for interior, with some missing features
but some objects still to improve

those metal plates below the pedals will give me nightmares

obligatory noisy render
(3x half)
View attachment 301514
View attachment 301513

Looks like you've got most of it sorted out. You'll have to make those plates from scratch, no big deal for you I figure. Still a lot easier than trying to make that odd geometry work.

obligatory noisy render
(3x half)
View attachment 301514
View attachment 301513

Wow, stunning! I imagine making the Spinneybeck woven leather dash texture will be nightmarish as well :confused:

Last edited:
Looks like you've got most of it sorted out. You'll have to make those plates from scratch, no big deal for you I figure. Still a lot easier than trying to make that odd geometry work.
ok nightmarish is a bit of a strong word :p
fun thing is, i spent time cleaning it already, but for what ? Just to end up having a lighter mesh, still messy, that i will have to redo anyways.
Sometimes i loose myself into cleaning an object, when it would have been faster to redo it from scratch! There's not even mapping existing to keep, it's just the addiction of removing edges :p

@CobraCat the leather pattern is done in 3D, a small flat tileable pattern i will use as render to texture for diffuse and normal map, so it's just texturing afterwards :)

That model looks amazing! Interested to see what it drives like. RSR with a touch of GT3 RS thrown in perhaps :p

On the completely unrelated topic I'm slightly surprised there aren't more votes for the classic 911 seeing how popular they seem to be IRL!

That model looks amazing! Interested to see what it drives like. RSR with a touch of GT3 RS thrown in perhaps :p

On the completely unrelated topic I'm slightly surprised there aren't more votes for the classic 911 seeing how popular they seem to be IRL!

Singers are only 964s, they don't mod any other type of 911. So it makes sense. :thumbsup: I'm all for additional vintage 911s though. The RSR is ok although I'd prefer something less race and more street.

Singers are only 964s, they don't mod any other type of 911. So it makes sense. :thumbsup: I'm all for additional vintage 911s though. The RSR is ok although I'd prefer something less race and more street.

It says "unrelated, which 911?" I took it to be just a poll asking which is your favourite era 911 rather than asking which 911 the Singer is.

Wouldn't those foot plates be perfect to just be texture baked to a simple mesh and then use normal map to create the depth illusion? Considering you mostly look at it head on I don't think anyone would miss the missing geometry? Still lots of work to fix the surrounding area if you go that way I'd guess?

Wouldn't those foot plates be perfect to just be texture baked to a simple mesh and then use normal map to create the depth illusion? Considering you mostly look at it head on I don't think anyone would miss the missing geometry? Still lots of work to fix the surrounding area if you go that way I'd guess?
Using geometry is cheaper than having a large normal map taking video memory. For a NM of that size it would have to avoid compression, so it'll take at least a 4mb .dds file (or bigger) to make it work.
While with geometry it doesn't add a lot and can be easily removed when using the COCKPIT_LR model in game, so it'll only be visible in the showroom and when driving from the inside.

Ver' nice :laugh::thumbsup:

Does getting into fun details = everything else is done? :unsure::whistling:
aha no... i'm too much of a mess for that :D
going all over the place, like an impatient goldfish, i start working on something, then see something else and jump on it... forgetting all about the unfinished things before. :whistling:

Wow, that Porsche badge is more detailed than the version on the Kunos Porsches. They lack the dimpled surface texture your version appears to have. :thumbsup:

Goldfish is back.
upload_2019-4-21_23-2-2.png

but this time, i finished something!
What you are looking at, is a strong goldfish.
But besides that:
  • 3D mesh of tyre thread, render to texture as normal (diffuse, mask and all)
  • then photoshop all the layers of dirt & all to redo some neat dirty tyres
  • and finally render in ksEditor regular & blur
(for the sidewalls i used a map given by a generous monsieur : here, although the initial 3D model from Szymon did have the sidewall in full 3D (!!) but the map did the trick by itself)

• singer_tyre_3d.JPG
  • singer_tyre_psd.JPG
  • singer_tyre.JPG

singer_tyre_blur.JPG
voila!
One evening gone XD

edit:
all materials test in ksEditor for the interior, but nothing is baked yet. NO. THING. :confused: how do you like my fabric choice?
singer mesh12.JPG

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 125 8.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 160 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 224 14.8%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 414 27.3%