Tracks WIP - 60's Norisring

Sergio Loro

Premium
hello!! here some screenshots of Norisring
some work , mainly vegetation, trying to blend everything, going to be a great track for close racing :)
right now working on the 3.9 km track, used until Pedro Rodriguez accident, as most of my tracks will set as a ealry 60's config.
enjoy it.
20200813215459_1.jpg
20200813215603_1.jpg
20200813215708_1.jpg

AFAIK only the length of the road leading up to the hairpin changed length a few times over the decades and was a bit longer in the 60s. Probably less houses and more trees as well.

oldest footage I can find. I assume the two screenshots show the upper hairpin from the aerial photo?

edit: even older

Last edited:
How different is the layout to today?

You can check all layouts of a track here: ;)

What do you mean?
The site where the Norisring is located was used for the NSDAP's conventions. The layout plan for the 1949 race shows the grounds created for this purpose in great detail, in TOO great detail for my taste given that only the main grandstand is part of the track and that the plan is from past 1945...

The site where the Norisring is located was used for the NSDAP's conventions. The layout plan for the 1949 race shows the grounds created for this purpose in great detail, in TOO great detail for my taste given that only the main grandstand is part of the track and that the plan is from past 1945...
The whole map is very nicely detailed. Germans, amirite? ^^

Better rejoice in the fact that apart from housing the emergency services, the old convention ground in the amphitheater was used as a mere car park for the common folk for the 1949 race :) No better use for it than something mundane.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back