[WIP] 1997 ADAC Super Tourenwagen Cup Mod

You're welcome !

@ oreillyunitedfc
Hope you'll have some time.
Maybe i could give you some more information about the missing information of the drivers of 1997, cause i've ordered the Tourenwagen Story 1997 and 1999 on amazon. ;)
But i think, that both of us have to wait until next weekend.

greetz Marc

P.S. sorry for my bad english.

Nice to hear. I Love Alfa Romeo. The best Design Cars in the World.
I Hve one question 1997 the Audi is a 4wd Car so is it possible to patch that with out any Problems?

@ oreillyunitedfc
Hope you'll have some time.
Maybe i could give you some more information about the missing information of the drivers of 1997, cause i've ordered the Tourenwagen Story 1997 and 1999 on amazon. ;)
But i think, that both of us have to wait until next weekend.

Nice Marc, any little bit of help will go a long way! Also, thanks to everybody who's sent me photos so far.

Just the dashboard left to make, then I'll send you an Alfa 155 to paint:)

Great stuff Andreas. Looking forward to it. :)

By the way, I will have more screenshots for you guys very soon.

I have got some news for you.

Next up, the championship winning car.

I've improved the skin since I posted my last pic of it. I know this car is a favourite for many of you guys. I hope I haven't let you down!

Peugeot Sport Esso - Peugeot 406
#9 - Jörg van Ommen
#10 - Laurent Aiello

Please make the yellow a little bit darker.
In original it looks more like the yellow of the Zackspeed Opel with the Promarkt Logo. Don't know if you've painted the rear wing yellow too, cause it is coloured yellow in original.
Team Honda Sport - Honda Accord
#11 - Altfrid Heger
#12 - Marco Werner
The Mirrors of Heger (#11) are blue .. (The blue looks nearly like marine blue) with white star and the Honda of Heger with New Yorker Logo.
Werner (#12) with the DHL logo on it and white mirrors.
I found a pic of Thommos Accord: looks like the 97 BTCC Version with some DHL-logo-stickers

sf4ahdfn.jpg
It is the right one !

I know many of you were fans of this team back in the day.

Abt Sportsline – Audi A4
#18 – Christian Abt
#19 – Kris Nissen

Fun fact: Kris Nissen was the only driver that finished every race in 1997. He was also the highest-placed independent driver in the standings.

Fun fact #2: Christian Abt eventually beat Uwe Alzen to win the 1999 STW Cup, after the controversial Nürburgring finale.

If i'm right, then i would say it looks ok. But in Salzburg Red Bull became the new Sponsor from the team. (logo on both sides of the cars)
Opel Team Zakspeed – Opel Vectra
#20 – Kurt Thiim
#21 – Uwe Alzen

Fun fact: The start of the '97 season was quite unsettled for Zakspeed. Klaus Ludwig was supposed to drive the #20 Vectra, but on the eve of the first round, he quit the team. Opel then drafted in Kurt Thiim, who completed the season.

They look great, but there is a problem with the team and drivers, cause Zakspeed cancled the cooperation with opel after the race on the Nürburgring. This will mean, that there is more work, that'll have to be done to the opel vectras. The design have changed in the following time nearly more than once.
Detailed infos will follow !!!

Okay, it's time for some more screenshots. :)

BMW Team Isert – BMW 320i
#25 – Leopold von Bayern
#26 – Christian Menzel

Fun fact: An STW underdog, Menzel was in the commentary box for the series during the 1999 season.

Prinz Leopold v. Bayern and Menzel seems to be ok. You can use the design of Menzel also for Soper (#24) and Helary (#??= i have to look for)

More News/Infos, maybe tomorrow. ;)

hm...

...at first I have to say this turns out great! so much work, so many guys interested in this good old times and all want the best for the mod...really great! and I'm really looking forward to the complete mod! :)

but another thing...I really don't know where to put this...so maybe it's the wrong place here...
anyway:

I started to work on the vauxhall (in private) because I thought it would be possible to rise the quality of the car(s) from Andreas great BTCC Mod...so I imported the model into blender, did some remapping, recalculation and tuning of the normals, etc. etc....and finally a new template, shading and so on....you can have a look at that here (first pic shows render in blender lol from the new shading without ambient occlusion, the second shows a render in blender with an early template and finally the third shows the car ingame in rF on sebring from v_lm)

that's the story...so let's come to the problems:

- first I have to say I did not ask for permission do to this, so I will never ever publish this work without Andreas permission to do so!

- second I don't think just doing this one car is the end because one car in high detail and others not, will really disturb the overall look of the mod...and at least all skins need to be redone :redface:

- third I don't have enough time to do all cars on my own, so I would need some people to help me with this :frown: just doing the mapping, shading and doing a basic template with wire, shading, some small details is no big deal...but the big deal is to search for good references to build the new template with (for example the texture for the lights, logos etc.) so at least for this I will need some helping hands...and I maybe will write some short tutorials to show the process to others so they can join my work :redface:

- last but not least there is many many work left as I have no experience in building rims so I can't update them that fast (sry Andreas, but the current are not that good as the could be :redface:) so there would be the need of someone willing to do new rims to fit the overall HD look of the rest :redface: and one very very important thing: I have no experience on bringing cars into Race07 too...so this would be one thing another helping hand would be needed for :cool:

ok...really long post, sry for that...but one thing is left: the final question:
is this kind of work/update wanted by you?! especially Andreas is asked here as I really don't want to ignore you at this point - If you say it's not ok for you when others start working on your work, I will not talk about this any further :cool:

anyway...any opinion is welcome :D

Hi Marc.

Thanks for your advice. Please don't forget that I made those screenshots a while ago now. I've improved most of the skins since I posted these pictures.

- I will make the Peugeot a touch darker. Also, if you look on page 4, you'll see that I have fixed the rear wing. Andreas fixed the template, which made it possible. :)

- I have already fixed the colour of Heger's mirrors. :)

- I will add the Red Bull logos. :) I do remember that Red Bull was a sponsor for Abt Sportsline late in the season. I just wasn't sure whether to include it at first, because for most of the season, only the small Yokohama logo was in that space.

- For the Opels, I designated the drivers with the team that they started the season with. I know that Zakspeed didn't complete the entire season, and yes, Alzen, Thiim and Bartels changed their liveries at almost every round. I tried to include every Vectra livery from the '97 season, that includes the ProMarkt liveries. The thing is that I can't have more than one livery for each driver in the mod. I hope you're satisfied, because it took me a long time to figure out what I was going to do with the Opels.

- Thanks for the Isert BMW info. By the way, Helary's car number was #40. ;)

Also, I found a small picture of the Isert livery that I was referring to before, that I was thinking Helary and Soper used. It's pretty much the same as Menzel's regular livery, but with "BMW Team Isert" on the sides. Disregard the driver and number in the photo (I know that's Menzel).
Hocken3.jpg

Sorry about keeping you waiting for more screenshots, I've been quite busy, but when I find time, I will post more.

Hi Marc.

- I will add the Red Bull logos. :) I do remember that Red Bull was a sponsor for Abt Sportsline late in the season. I just wasn't sure whether to include it at first, because for most of the season, only the small Yokohama logo was in that space.

i think you should do both variants, let people choose which one, because i know personally i'd prefer the early season scheme

I'm totally satisfied.
You've done a great job til now !!!
Here is a proposal.
Maybe you could paint the other liveries and release them as standalone, without integrating them into your mod.

You've done a great job til now !!!
Here is a proposal.
Maybe you could paint the other liveries and release them as standalone, without integrating them into your mod.

Thanks. I think I've come up with an even better idea Marc.

Right now I am making some extra Opel liveries for Alzen, Bartels and Thiim, and I'm thinking of integrating them into the mod. I will put these skins in a separate folder, so you can have a choice of what liveries you prefer for each driver.

I will be doing the same thing for the Abt Sportsline liveries, where you can choose whether or not to have Red Bull logos on the car. Michael and I discussed this earlier.

Then everybody will be happy. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back