[WIP] 1997 ADAC Super Tourenwagen Cup Mod

Next up, the championship winning car.

I've improved the skin since I posted my last pic of it. I know this car is a favourite for many of you guys. I hope I haven't let you down!

Peugeot Sport Esso - Peugeot 406
#9 - Jörg van Ommen
#10 - Laurent Aiello

I know many of you were fans of this team back in the day.

Abt Sportsline – Audi A4
#18 – Christian Abt
#19 – Kris Nissen

Fun fact: Kris Nissen was the only driver that finished every race in 1997. He was also the highest-placed independent driver in the standings.

Fun fact #2: Christian Abt eventually beat Uwe Alzen to win the 1999 STW Cup, after the controversial Nürburgring finale.

Opel Team Zakspeed – Opel Vectra
#20 – Kurt Thiim
#21 – Uwe Alzen

Fun fact: The start of the '97 season was quite unsettled for Zakspeed. Klaus Ludwig was supposed to drive the #20 Vectra, but on the eve of the first round, he quit the team. Opel then drafted in Kurt Thiim, who completed the season.

Thanks for the screenies, it's getting better and better.
Two comments to the Peugeot, though:

- It looks like some parts of the Peugeot (rear wing, front splitter, window frame) are sharing the same area of the template. Before I heard of your add-on I tried to make a skin for this car which led to strange results... Maybe there is a way to optimise the template.

- To be 100% accurate the STW-Peugeot would need an LHD cockpit. Maybe Andreas could do the same here as he did for the Opel Vectra.

Don't want to push anyone, though, let me say that this is already more than I could hope for and I really thank you all for bringing back this era of great touring car racing.

- It looks like some parts of the Peugeot (rear wing, front splitter, window frame) are sharing the same area of the template. Before I heard of your add-on I tried to make a skin for this car which led to strange results... Maybe there is a way to optimise the template.

Yeah, I totally understand what you mean mate. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out that problem, but it's impossible. It ruined the livery when I tried to change the colour of that section of the template.

However, that's the only problem I've found, template-wise. The Peugeot skin still turned out the way I wanted it to. :)

Okay, it's time for some more screenshots. :)

BMW Team Isert – BMW 320i
#25 – Leopold von Bayern
#26 – Christian Menzel

Fun fact: An STW underdog, Menzel was in the commentary box for the series during the 1999 season.

You are doing a great job:)
The cars were not made for custom skins at first, but I can of course edit the Peugeout for you.

Give me a class ID and car ID, and I'll send you an edited car:)

Hi!

Is it possible to add wheel covers in the future? I've seen some super touring footage on youtube, and a lot of cars have had covers especially on the rear wheels. The BMW would be very sexy with them :)

images

Cheers

this are no covers thsi are OZ wheels also driven in old DTM.
there are wheels like that on the e30 m3 and 190e evo2 in our DTM Classics mod for GTR2 you can use them if you want.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 302 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 202 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 151 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.7%