Login or Register an account to download this content
Patrick Giranthon submitted a new resource:

Winton (2 seasons) - Winton for AMS

winton13.201641412615.jpg

winton12.201641412731.jpg

winton11.201641412833.jpg

Here we go.
Winton for AMS. :)
2 seasons and 3 variations with a summer "dry" version (summer 2 ingame).

Thanks to Richo for the initial work
Thanks to Denis for picture
Thanks to Gringo for aiw and other thongs done for me
Thanks to Luigi for his excellent cams as usual...

Read more about this resource...

I think you may need to update the loading screen the red dot that is pointing where the circuit is on map of Australia is Wrong It's Pointing at Mt Isa Queensland instead of Melbourne, Victoria!

thanks guys for this track.... not a fan of it in the V8, to tight... BUT is great track for the super kart and F Vee, enjoying it a lot. :D:thumbsup:

thanks again for your time and sharing, much appreciated.

@Patrick Giranthon
Hi mate, I'm not sure if you're planning on updating this track in future, but I just wanted let you know that the curbs are too high in comparison to real life and just too big and beefy in general. I think it's a contributor to making this track feel tighter than it actually is IRL.

Is this something that could possibly be addressed? Or is it not possible? No worries if you haven't got the time :)

Hi Chris.
I already lowered them In fact. To help The AI.
Shape Is Not good for most of them, I agree. Not so easy to fix as original modder Did Not attach them to The terrain...
Concerning height, I think It Is ok :

They dont even try to run internal ones In fact.
Anyway, for The moment, my Time Is mainly consumed by cadwell park ;)

Trying to get the sun direction right so I put the correct latitude and date in the gbd file and the sky disappears? Its not night time as there are shadows being cast in the correct direction but there is no sky?

Normally the NorthDirection gives you the direction of the shadows and the latitude gives the height of the sun, simple but here there seems to be a conflict between these two, does the AMS light work differently to rf? Also I tried changing the latitude from negative to positive but all I get is black or late afternoon and evening?

This what I think it should be

Latitude = -36 //degrees from Equator (range: -90 to 90, positive is Northern Hemisphere)
NorthDirection = 240 //the direction of North in degrees (range: 0 to 359)

Last edited:
Are all these tracks like this? I have noted that a lot have the NorthDirection =0 or does AMS work differently now?
The way the sun is directed and how the shadows are cast are a big part of giving a circuit it's character......as in Winton's late afternoon sun coming out of T2.....IMHO

Are all these tracks like this? I have noted that a lot have the NorthDirection =0 or does AMS work differently now?
The way the sun is directed and how the shadows are cast are a big part of giving a circuit it's character......as in Winton's late afternoon sun coming out of T2.....IMHO

Yep, these are rarely accurate in tracks. If you can provide accurate info, hopefully the authors will correct at some point.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 108 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 284 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 412 39.9%