Resource icon

Tracks Winton (3 Seasons) 1.06

Login or Register an account to download this content
Yep, these are rarely accurate in tracks. If you can provide accurate info, hopefully the authors will correct at some point.
Easy enough to fix normally but I can't seem to get it right with this one? The latitude seems to effect the NorthDirection and vice versa for some reason? Not sure whether this is different in AMS to rFactor so until I know that I can't get much further I'm afraid?

I would assume a north=0 or north=240 is not needed if it is a fixed value. It should/must be relative to the track layout, so if you know where the north arrow would appear on the actual map of the track, some number in the simulated layout would equal that. Hopefully we don't have to confirm with a north=0 that the North Pole hasn't moved.

Have no idea if southern hemisphere tracks should point south....can you check some of the Reiza South American tracks to compare?

And I missed Patrick's earlier confirmation that he did not deal with this when I wrote my first reply.

With the correct NorthDirection in the gdb try changing the following lines in the scn-file

MeshFile=SRPL_sky3_dome1.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowReceiver=False
MeshFile=SRPL_sky3_sun1.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowReceiver=False

to

MeshFile=SRPL_sky3_dome2.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowReceiver=False
MeshFile=SRPL_sky3_sun2.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowReceiver=False

With the correct NorthDirection in the gdb try changing the following lines in the scn-file

MeshFile=SRPL_sky3_dome1.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowReceiver=False
MeshFile=SRPL_sky3_sun1.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowReceiver=False

to

MeshFile=SRPL_sky3_dome2.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowReceiver=False
MeshFile=SRPL_sky3_sun2.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowReceiver=False
OK will try.how does this work?
Nope, won't load, can't find dome2 or sun2, neither can I?

Last edited:
Patrick Giranthon updated Winton (2 seasons) with a new update entry:

Maintenance update, Road shaders upgraded, New curbs, Bug fixes

(Winton_AMS_V1.06) MD5 = c6ffaa71c54795010b132895091c6820

Winton Motor Raceway v1.06

Special note :
It should be possible to overwrite an old version with this update. However if you have any loading errors be sure to remove any previous versions of "Winton" from your locations folder before installing Winton V1.06.

A maintenance update with some additional upgrades for Winton to take advantage of the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thank you, yet again, to @Patrick Giranthon and @Gringo for updating another of their Automobilista mod tracks. Kerb modelling is very important on such a tight track as Winton; the new ones improve the circuit's flow and make it more enjoyable to drive. Not to mention all the other upgrades and improvements... :cool:

Agreed!

I only see one small issue--the white and green advertising billboard to the left at the end of the main straight suffers from some z-fighting/flickering.

Hope someone can assist, very new to this. I have download other track and can get them working no problem, but this download for Winton I cannot get to work. When I go to AC it just does not even show. Sure I am doing something wrong and it will be simple, but pulling my hair out....lol
Can anyone please assist?

Hope someone can assist, very new to this. I have download other track and can get them working no problem, but this download for Winton I cannot get to work. When I go to AC it just does not even show. Sure I am doing something wrong and it will be simple, but pulling my hair out....lol
Can anyone please assist?
There is a simple fix: Try the correct game, Automobilista, not AC. Then it works.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back