F1 2010 Winning the season in the Lotus @ max difficulty is disappointing

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi folks, while im still enjoying the races in the game its just too easy.
Im in season one with 3 races to go and i cant be beaten in the championship,ive won 8 races and podiums on the rest.
The podium ones were simply a lapse in concentration due to boredom while out infront on my own.
Im running the Lotus, expert settings all aids off and legendary ai, i simply shouldnt be beating the pants off the top teams.
I was looking forward to a career fighting ' the back of the grid to start off and work my way up.
Winning the championship by a country mile in a Lotus while playing the game at its most difficult settings is not exactly what id hope for.
I realise its not a sim and for someone used to the likes of the usual pc sims aswell as iracing its just far far too easy.
No im not the fastest of iracers either,im very much average and a lot slower than the top iracers.
Anyone else feel the same?

wow... there must be a bug or big difference in what your running the game on. Might be the lack of physics processing power on consuls vs the latest PC graphics cards. I've been playing racing games for longer than I can remember, and most of them are way to easy in my mind. On Legend mode with no assists I can qualify fine, but in a race, once you change your tires and fall behind a few back markers, there long gone.

I just restarted since I forgot to backup the save file and accidentally did R&D and didn't use the work around so had file corruption. So figured I'd restart.

So, Bahrain... Qualified 11th in a Lotus with about a 1:59.7xx. The Q1 drivers were at like 2:03.xxx or higher. Started the race and fell back into 12th off the start. Took back 11th and on Lap 18 I pitted for primes. I fell back to 18th on the pit stop. Now on the options I was lapping at about 2:05 full fuel load. Most of the driver fell way behind, so obviously lapping slower than 2:05. But after the pit stop the guys who were behind me started lapping in the 2:01.xxx times. I got a puncture and had to pit again. Fell into 22nd because I got the puncture going over the start/finish line. Suddenly the new teams started lapping at times of 1:58 and 1:59.

So I don't know how people are finding the game easy with the avg. puncture rate is about almost 2 punctures per race and the cars that qualified 4 seconds slower than you can do 1:59.xxx with 1/2 fuel loads.

Anyways, I'm curious what you guys are running the games on? PC, XBox, PS3? Cause on the PC with 2 GTX 480's, the games physics works amazing I find.

• Gougoodthing

First post, and apologies if mentioned on other threads.

Another family member and I share the xbox, and for a strange reason (not skill....) he is a lot faster then me with same set up/car etc etc

The only difference is the view

I use the front/low to the ground view (greater sense of speed); and he uses the chase view (behind car, can see all track and whats next to you). His view is far easier (and far less realistic, IMHO). I read on another forum that a different view can mean different lap times by 3 - 4 seconds per lap. Any truth in that?????????

I can't even play with the chase view cam, but if that's true, that would be the stupidest thing i've ever heard in my entire life O.O
I use the airbox-camera view and honestly some of my times even pushing hard are short of 2 seconds of people driving weird ****ty lines I see in youtube and this would start to make sense, if it's true.

Hi folks, while im still enjoying the races in the game its just too easy.
Im in season one with 3 races to go and i cant be beaten in the championship,ive won 8 races and podiums on the rest.
The podium ones were simply a lapse in concentration due to boredom while out infront on my own.
Im running the Lotus, expert settings all aids off and legendary ai, i simply shouldnt be beating the pants off the top teams.
I was looking forward to a career fighting ' the back of the grid to start off and work my way up.
Winning the championship by a country mile in a Lotus while playing the game at its most difficult settings is not exactly what id hope for.
I realise its not a sim and for someone used to the likes of the usual pc sims aswell as iracing its just far far too easy.
No im not the fastest of iracers either,im very much average and a lot slower than the top iracers.
Anyone else feel the same?

no way man thats impossible, with all the aids off its just way too hard

Hi Guys, just to say this is my first post, so hello.

To the point - Im not saying the thread starter is a liar at all but i really cant get my head around this and feel something must be up. I consider my self to be pretty quick, ive played racing games all my life and am a avid racing fan that has watched endless amounts of motorsport since day 1, know my racing lines etc.. I, like a lot of other people in here am finding it hard to break into the top 15 with everything set to the hardest let alone win races and championships. Im in a HRT and what i think is a near perfect lap still only gets me up the grid by a few rows in quali and then in the race im lucky to get anywhere near the front. The car is a bit of a dog, i cant possibly see how it would be possible for anyone with the setting im using manage to win a race in it. The physics just wouldnt allow for it.

I was playing onlne the other night with a load of guys in a banned assists room. The top 6 of us all qualied at interlagos within 3 tenths of a second between us, it was class!! what im trying to say is that it couldnt of been a coincidence that we was all within 3 tenths of a second of each other, it must be because we was all right on the limit and couldnt possibly find anymore time to gain. So this said, i drive like this in the championship with the AI and cant make any headway up the grid. How is this such a contrast to the other guys that manage championship wins??

i think its possible to win on legend with all assists of with a lotus and 100%race lenght you REALLY CAN .... BUT what if you never retry or use flashbacks then its very hard i think cause you wont always qualli good and also the championship will be much more exciting cause you'll also get dnfs

I have just spent a nice amount of time reading EVERY post in this thread.
I have been doing a small bit of research and there would be only 1 explanation to fix these differences. Please tell us what platform you are running on. I have heared (read) that there would be a difference in xbox360/ps3/pc versions.
Im curious after the answers and if the same platform has the same issues. My copy of the game is for Ps3. I have seen some crazy things like race times being faster than qualify laps straight since the very first lap. The game is not 100% representation of the REAL grand prix happening in our world, instead it is a video game. As for fast times and slow times. The driver really makes a huge difference. Worth mentioning: a good friend of mine can shave off seconds of my own time simply by the fact he has been playing racing games for ages and im no racing pro. Try to learn from eachother instead of the abuse you guys are doing now. And btw, the OP and other people with his expierence are currently NOT posting anything at all in this thread anymore. WAY 2 GO you abusing and offending people.

And note to the OP: it doesnt really matter what answer you gave at the starting interview. It DOES set the initial difficulty according to your answer, but i assume you have changed and checked the difficulty settings since you know for sure what your settings are.

I actually tried most of the race distance, 30%, 40%, 50%, and 100% with Virgin and Lotus, all assist off, fuel and tire sim on, legendary AI

In 100%, the winning chance is nearly impossible on most of the track, even when i qualified 1st, they just kept sticking with you(I block them obviously), and totally destroyed you once you get your pitstop(sometimes they don't even stop), only except when it's rainning, the AI are totally stupid in the rain.

in 30%, a totally different story, your acceleration(NOT include top speed) and corner ability are much better, almost half of the field can't match with you when comparing top speed, you'll only struggle on acceleration a little bit on the start on catching the top teams, I managed to get score on most of the races without much problem, except Catalunya and Silverstone. I did manged to finished 3rd on Bahrain, Monaco, Montreal, Turkey, and Singapore(started raining on second half of the race), many close racing but still couldn't win(but i can see it is absolutly possible in this condition)

The other 2 distance are similar to 30%, just a little more harder at the start and take a little more time to regain your speed, but that's enough for the AI to pull away violently.

Tire sim is not the main thing that makes the game more difficult/easier, the real secret lies on the fuel sim, because the AI never affect by it but player does. No matter how long the distance you chose, the AI will always running at lowest fuel for the whole race, but the player will start with a fuel tank that match the lap perfectly, which means if you set the race in 100% distance, you get a full tank, if you run 20% distance, you get 20% of fuel. The fuel also affect the car performance very badly, which increases the gap between player and AI at the beginning of race even more.

One more thing is the bad AI made by CM, it's too buggy and unrealistic. There is one time i saw my Virgin teammate finished 4th in Hungary, which i nearly dropped back to 10. The top teams sometimes even finish the FIRST lap faster than their qualify time, how's that possible?

Well, I would say I'm not very good but not bad either, but beating the AI in a "casual manner" in the hardest difficulty with all sims on and no assist in 100% distance, dry race, seems impossible to me.

If you can show us a video that will be good, I'm actually very interest to learn how to drive faster.

Don't get why everyone is saying it's impossible to win? I've won on legend, all assists off, fuel sim on, tire sim on. in my first season in the lotus. PC.

On some of the tracks the AI is no where. Others like Barca, sure the lotus can't keep up (well I couldn't) but if you know the track and are consitant it's more than possible to win at the vast majority.

Using the PC version of this game and a G25 wheel, I am running in the HRT car (worst or 2nd worst team), running 100% length races, racing against Legend AI opponents with all driving aids turn off except "Medium Traction Control" and I have managed to place 17th at Bahrain (qualified 12th) and 18th in Australia (qualified 20th) ... oh I have real world track experience in my '97 Porsche 911 (though I am NOT a race car driver) and I am a mid packer in iRacing. So it's safe to assume that I am not a sim racing alien and Lewis Hamilton does not need to worry about myself gaining a ride at McLaren in my rookie year. If some of you people find this game is easy where you win all your races using a crappy car against the best AI opponents with all driving aids turn off, well then power to you. It's obviously not easy for me ... but when the game isn't crashing on me, it is challenging and fun for us mortals.

However the AI in this game still needs tons of work. :/

Im sure theres something strange going on with this game. I was one of the first to say that i thought it was impossible to win the championship in a rubbish car with everything difficulty wise maxed out, but im not sure now. When i first started the game with a HRT with Legend AI and Expert assists i was nowhere other than at the back of the grid. Now that i have started a new career (due to losing my saved game) i am racing in a Force India with same settings and won at Bahrain 20% distance by over 30secs, the rest of the field were stupidly slow. But.... played a GP (one off race) last night with same settings in a renault around Istanbul park and only managed 3rd at 20% distance (and this is a circuit i know like the back of my hand).

Am i only one that thinks that there could be a weird bug in the game or something that makes the difficulty settings really inconsistant?

Am i only one that thinks that there could be a weird bug in the game or something that makes the difficulty settings really inconsistant?

I wouldn't rule this out and it has crossed my mind before but to be honest I just think it's really inconsistent ai. I'm on my second season with the Lotus now, with the hardest difficulty setting, 100% distance, tire & fuel on, first 3 races placed 7th, 1st, 4th... now back at barca and can't break into the midfield. Qualified 17th and just can't keep up.

That's not a bug, that's just the AI not being developed enough. TBH I wish the Lotus was this slow at all the tracks to make it more realistic, but alas it's not the case.

man i have a hard time trying to beat a race with lotus on intermidiete, but then again ive only been playing for about 2 months, i cant imagine his game on legendary. But am coming to find out that lotus has a pretty slow run. But hopefully next season i get picked up by someone better.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 310 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 156 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.5%