Wing settings

OK there seems to be some confusion with this in all the different games.

I am of the understanding that in any of the mods including WTCC the higher the wing setting the greater the downforce hence drag.

So at Monza you may run a 2 rear but at Pau you would run a 5??

In the wing cars you can run from 0 to about 32?? Same applies here no?

Just that I have used some setups from Simbin where the differing classes seem to have different trends> GT's would be low downforce and a WTCC car would be high?

Just wondered if all the classes run the same wing engine?

every class needs a different wing setting
It also depends on tracks
Wing setup i have found helps a bit in the stability of the car while braking (but not every class)
take for example WTCC istanbul......sometimes i just run on wing 1, because the higher i go on wing the more drag i create. but running istanbul with the C6R i run it on wing 7 or most likely 8, just for the stability under braking and finding grip on exit

Its a trade-off always Rob, The bare essentials of it ar as you stated but it has further effects than that as higher or lower downforce will increase or decrease the load on the suspension respectively. This would then Ideally need the stiffness to be adjusted and the rollbars afer that and so on.

On the plus point to that in some cases you can reverse that thinking and adjust the chasis to allow you to run lower wing which at some tracks is more beneficial than others. I usually decide which way to go after qualy. If your up top and want to get away fat thelow DF setup and fresh boots will help you get away quickly from the field. If I'm in the pack however I like to run a little higher than Ideal setup to givemyself more options for lines/Braking points since Overtaking will be the order of the day.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back