Windscreen dirt build up

Hi,
Is there a way to disable the build up of dirt and bugs on the windscreen, or at least slow it down? I hate having things in my field of view, and it is distracting having to turn the wipers on then off while racing.
Thanks!

• Kyril

Look in your PLR file under Graphics Options and find the line "Windscreen dirt buildup="1" change the 1 to 0.
It may reset during gameplay tho, haven't tested it myself, but the option is there.

Look in your PLR file under Graphics Options and find the line "Windscreen dirt buildup="1" change the 1 to 0.
It may reset during gameplay tho, haven't tested it myself, but the option is there.

Can anyone confirm that it doesn't get reset? Personally, I wouldn't mind using the windscreen wipers, being a realism freak, but mine never seem to affect anything other than rain.

Cheers in advance.

personally i find the worst of it comes of with the wipers although it does build up faster as the races go on. it doesnt come clear with one or 2 swipes tho. run the wipers for 30 secs to half a lap evry 4-5 laps is fine for me.

In my opinion the dirt and oil on the helmet view is realistic, because the visor is very near to your eyes and that's why the dirt is visible and disturbing for you. That's why you have more layers IRL to remove them if they're too dirty.

BUT, i think IRL the dirt on the windscreen in a touring car isn't that noticeable and disturbing, because the windscreen is much more away from your eyes than a helmet visor. And whilest your eyes are focusing on an objekt in a bigger distance, you don't really realise the dirt. And i've never seen a driver of a hardtop car removing dirt with the wipers. (rally cars excluded)

So i think in the helmet view it's right and realistic, but in the cockpit view, i think it's much overdone! What do you think?

• Andy Marsden

Even after a full lap with wipers on, there remains dirt (on the inside?) of my screen. Even when pitting in, the crew refuses to clean it :(
I think you'll find that isn't dirt Kris. If it looks like a small black smudge with a white halo around it thats a windscreen chip caused by light collision, driving through a debris 'cloud' or closely following a car on a 'dirty' track.
Thought it was dirt myself until I saw one appear from nowhere when I went a little too deep up the side of an AI car in an offline race.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 87 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 71 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 44 6.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 95 13.8%