windscreen bug

Yesterday decided to drive one of my favorite cars and discovered that the windscreen was grey..totally opaque, I dont know if its related to SOL, or a shader update, Reverting to previous shader versions hasnt had any effect.So far just this one car seems effected. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail.If anyone has a clue Id welcome the help.

We still haven't learned how to read minds, so without telling us what car you have issues with, no :whistling:

Huh, it’s an EVO X mod , im not at home actually but i will tell you the exact mod later , i was able to put the KN5 file toFBX and put it on Assetto Corsa SDK , i finded that the modder didnt set the transparency of the windshield , but i think the conversion broked the mod, the car didnt have color dans speedmeters anymore.
Im not into modding at all , sorry for the bad english tho.

Huh, it’s an EVO X mod , im not at home actually but i will tell you the exact mod later , i was able to put the KN5 file toFBX and put it on Assetto Corsa SDK , i finded that the modder didnt set the transparency of the windshield , but i think the conversion broked the mod, the car didnt have color dans speedmeters anymore.
Im not into modding at all , sorry for the bad english tho.
If its something as simple as a missing transparency flag, then a line like this in the cars config ini can fix things:

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MESHES = insert mesh name
IS_TRANSPARENT = 1

If its something as simple as a missing transparency flag, then a line like this in the cars config ini can fix things:

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MESHES = insert mesh name
IS_TRANSPARENT = 1

Thanks , gonna try this , its the " car " file in the data folder right ?

And can you give me an example of a meshes name ? so i can find mine

Last edited:
Thanks , gonna try this , its the " car " file in the data folder right ?

And can you give me an example of a meshes name ? so i can find mine
No....

Look for an ini here: assettocorsa/extension/config/cars/loaded/ that matches your car's name. If not, you'll have to create one and insert the code from my post above.

There are many ways to get the mesh name, you can use the CM showroom and click on the body part, in game by using the new object inspector app, or kseditor itself.

No....

Look for an ini here: assettocorsa/extension/config/cars/loaded/ that matches your car's name. If not, you'll have to create one and insert the code from my post above.

There are many ways to get the mesh name, you can use the CM showroom and click on the body part, in game by using the new object inspector app, or kseditor itself.

Okay so i dont have a "loaded" folder , and no folder in "common" for the evo. I know how to make the ini but not the exact name i should name it.

The meshes name is the path ? i hesitate betwenn WINDOWS\WINDOWS , WINDOWS , window or ksPerPixelReflection

Okay so like i said im not into modding but for the one with the same problem , do this it work.

Go to CM , enable developper mode , go to plugins , download FBX converter.

Then , go to your car in the CM Showroom , unpack the kn5 files , open the fbx with Kunos Editor.

Here , click+leftalt on the windows , enable eAlphaBlend and the IsTransparent option is set to "true" anc CastShadow set to "false" , do this on every glasses. Then save it to kn5 on your previous kn5 file.

Okay so i dont have a "loaded" folder , and no folder in "common" for the evo. I know how to make the ini but not the exact name i should name it.

The meshes name is the path ? i hesitate betwenn WINDOWS\WINDOWS , WINDOWS , window or ksPerPixelReflection
the ini should be the same name as the mod's ... so if its called Lancer_EVO, the ini should be Lancer_EVO.ini

for mesh name, it should be the actual mesh name, or object. like window_geo, or whatever it is.

Okay so like i said im not into modding but for the one with the same problem , do this it work.

Go to CM , enable developper mode , go to plugins , download FBX converter.

Then , go to your car in the CM Showroom , unpack the kn5 files , open the fbx with Kunos Editor.

Here , click+leftalt on the windows , enable eAlphaBlend and the IsTransparent option is set to "true" anc CastShadow set to "false" , do this on every glasses. Then save it to kn5 on your previous kn5 file.
This is a very messy way of fixing the issue, and might cause online incompatibility issues, highly recommend using the ini to fix this.

This is a very messy way of fixing the issue, and might cause online incompatibility issues, highly recommend using the ini to fix this.

Hello , i wanted to try your method , its way better than what i said previously and it works , after mine , i was missing some mesh like speedometers etc.

Anyway , big thx for the help and your time , sorry for the bad question.

ok so ...i probably have to revive this thread because i recently have the same problem with a modded car

its the Delorean DMC-12 Twin turbo from ***********

so far i didnt find any ini (neither in "extentions" nor the cars folder itself)

how did you fix the grey windscreen ?

Edit no need ..i figured it out ..

Thx for the help ^^

Last edited:
Lol, howd YOU fix it??
Ok so the first step is having Content Manager of course

Open Up the folder of the "Problematic" car by clicking "Folder" in the Content manager car screen
copy the full name of the cars folder like (ac_legends_porsche_917k for example)
now navigate to:

Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\cars\loaded and create a new txt file which you name after the cars name (ac_legends_porsche_917k for example)
and change the ending of the .txt file to .ini and click ok.

Now open the .ini file which you created and paste in this command:

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MESHES =
IS_TRANSPARENT = 1

Now to find out what the name of the "Mesh" is which is bugged open up the Car in the CM showroom and click on the cars windows (the selection works in a layer so one click selects the surface and another one the object behind it)

Next thing is to go on the side panel... you will see "Name:" followed by the name of the mesh and the 3 dots for options. Click on the 3 dots and copy the name under "Mesh Object".
now copy this name into the .ini file and add it to meshes. Sometimes you will need to add multiple meshes just seperate them with a comma and a space.

usually you can see which glasspanel you chose by the words:
EXT (for exterior) or INT (for interior)

Save your .ini file and open the car on a track and it should have clear glass

what we did was overwriting the shaders for glass when the car is loaded in the gameworld and made the glass clear no matter the shader.

Ok so the first step is having Content Manager of course

Open Up the folder of the "Problematic" car by clicking "Folder" in the Content manager car screen
copy the full name of the cars folder like (ac_legends_porsche_917k for example)
now navigate to:

Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\cars\loaded and create a new txt file which you name after the cars name (ac_legends_porsche_917k for example)
and change the ending of the .txt file to .ini and click ok.

Now open the .ini file which you created and paste in this command:

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MESHES =
IS_TRANSPARENT = 1

Now to find out what the name of the "Mesh" is which is bugged open up the Car in the CM showroom and click on the cars windows (the selection works in a layer so one click selects the surface and another one the object behind it)

Next thing is to go on the side panel... you will see "Name:" followed by the name of the mesh and the 3 dots for options. Click on the 3 dots and copy the name under "Mesh Object".
now copy this name into the .ini file and add it to meshes. Sometimes you will need to add multiple meshes just seperate them with a comma and a space.

usually you can see which glasspanel you chose by the words:
EXT (for exterior) or INT (for interior)

Save your .ini file and open the car on a track and it should have clear glass

what we did was overwriting the shaders for glass when the car is loaded in the gameworld and made the glass clear no matter the shader.
Thank you man!!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing