Windows 8

Hi! I had RBR on Windows 7 and it worked nice. I had it on a USB and now put it on my PC with Windows 8.1 and it down open because its missing "VB6FR.dll". I tried to download it and put it in the folder, but still the same issue. Please help!

*Edit: RBR works fine, I meant RSCenter stuff

Last edited:
I don't have win 8, I'm on win7, but a couple things.
For me, this file is in "C:\Windows\SysWOW64" and not in the Richard Burns Rally folder. Also in the future, unless you're getting the file from someone you know/trust, don't download .dll files, you're just asking for trouble. I take it the original game worked before you installed rsrbr?

You might want to ask about this on Rallyesim's forums too. Sounds like maybe one of the mod files didn't get downloaded or installed completely.

Sorry I couldn't be more help, I know how frustrating it is when things done run right. :(

Last edited:
Not at all. However, I've never encountered @function9 's advice about "don't download .dll files". I've always downloaded the dll files from dll-files.com and never had any problems.

I would test that first, and to put them in the correct folders - not the Richard Burns Rally folder.

When I think about it, I've actually had less issues with Win 8.1 than Win 7.

Yeah well the RS center will not load until you reinstall it!!!
here is what you have to do now,
keep all your previous files don't touch your game,
just install RSRBR 2015 mode then install all updates from 1 to 5, than install car packs, over your existing install.
you don't need to reinstall you track packs,
after that your good to go,

why you can't run your previous game on the new system, its because you are missing the whole registry hives that RSRBR uses.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 342 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 230 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.4%