Windows 1903 and WMR

• Thread starter Deleted member 197115
  • Start date
  • Deleted member 197115

Yes, Fernando, for you.
Final resampling is global (under Video) multiplied to Application specific, all under SteamVR settings.
You can keep global at 100% and set AC to what you like or set global to what you usually use and keep application at 100%.
Sorry, just noticed you are asking about ACC.
And I mean sorry.

New 212% SS resampling (they increased resolution so it translates to higher res than before), makes AC look incredible sharp, like getting new higher res headset, no kidding.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 197115

Odyssey+ resolution at the moment at 100% is the same as old at 147% (1652x2056 per eye).
Account for the that increase when picking up SS number.
It can go up in SS until 256% before image clarity drops off.
Can go even higher if you change renderTargetScale which can be as high as 5.0 now, default 2.0.

Odyssey+ resolution at the moment at 100% is the same as old at 147% (1652x2056 per eye).
Account for the that increase when picking up SS number.
It can go up in SS until 256% before image clarity drops off.
Can go even higher if you change renderTargetScale which can be as high as 5.0 now, default 2.0.

I'm still running 1803. Couldn't use 1809 due to some problems with MSI's X99 bios. Now this 1903 fix is out I might make the jump.

Looks like I'll need to lower my Steam video settings afterward if I've understood you correctly. Here's what the default is at the moment:

Steam VR Video Settings.jpg

So, this setting will stay at 150% for me after the update but with much higher render numbers. I'll then need to dial the percentage slider down until I get the 1748x2176 number back?

Can anyone here confirm to me that in the WMR portal at 60Hz everything is still blurred. And equal after starting SteamVR! Out of desperation I went back to 1809. This 60Hz thing annoys me! It's not a bug, it's a feature!

Can anyone here confirm to me that in the WMR portal at 60Hz everything is still blurred. And equal after starting SteamVR! Out of desperation I went back to 1809. This 60Hz thing annoys me! It's not a bug, it's a feature!
Tried 60 Hz and all was good on a Lenovo HMD.
Something changes with the scaling when going to 60Hz.
RF2 dropped to 1267 x 1257 @ 100% app
So maybe that is what happen to you too?
Noticed in the menu's that it was blurry outside the sweetspot.
When I upscaled to a more normal ~ 1760 X 1760 it all looked great again and for the short test I did not even notice it was running at lower frequency.

The colors are so much better on the Lenovo on 1903 like a new headset! :)

Tried 60 Hz and all was good on a Lenovo HMD.
Something changes with the scaling when going to 60Hz.
RF2 dropped to 1267 x 1257 @ 100% app
So maybe that is what happen to you too?
Noticed in the menu's that it was blurry outside the sweetspot.
When I upscaled to a more normal ~ 1760 X 1760 it all looked great again and for the short test I did not even notice it was running at lower frequency.

The colors are so much better on the Lenovo on 1903 like a new headset! :)
THX for your effort! But for me the 60Hz mode is totally broken! Even with setup on steamvr it is still blurry! I rolled back!

Win 10 wih 1903 and newest updates!
It's official! Blurred image at 60Hz, so weak machines can work with WMR! WTF! I have an 8700k and a 2080ti. It was wonderful to play with 60Hz and all graphics settings on high Raceroom, Assetto Corsa etc.. Now I have to accept jerkers at 90Hz again and again even with reduced graphics settings. I hope MS is smart enough to offer the user more settings here!
Look here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/mixed-reality/enthusiast-guide/windows-mixed-reality-minimum-pc-hardware-compatibility-guidelines#compatibility-guidelines

• Deleted member 197115

I'm still running 1803. Couldn't use 1809 due to some problems with MSI's X99 bios. Now this 1903 fix is out I might make the jump.

Looks like I'll need to lower my Steam video settings afterward if I've understood you correctly. Here's what the default is at the moment:

View attachment 314372

So, this setting will stay at 150% for me after the update but with much higher render numbers. I'll then need to dial the percentage slider down until I get the 1748x2176 number back?
Yes, just keep an eye on actual reported res numbers next to the scale slider.

• Deleted member 197115

Peter, AC should fly at 90 fps with your hardware. Why even bother with flickering 60hz?

Peter, AC should fly at 90 fps with your hardware. Why even bother with flickering 60hz?
Right now I´m driving in AC with all graphic stuff on ULTRA, its amazing! Of course with 1809! With 90Hz I have to take all down and the immersion wents to 3 of 10, with 60Hz I have 9 of 10!
With the HP reverb you have such a great resolutin and sharpness, then you will have all the eye-candy stuff!;)

Win 10 wih 1903 and newest updates!
It's official! Blurred image at 60Hz, so weak machines can work with WMR! WTF! I have an 8700k and a 2080ti. It was wonderful to play with 60Hz and all graphics settings on high Raceroom, Assetto Corsa etc.. Now I have to accept jerkers at 90Hz again and again even with reduced graphics settings. I hope MS is smart enough to offer the user more settings here
Did you update Windows Mixed Reality for SteamVR Beta?
I saw no blur after upping the SteamVR SS.
Didn't test a lot on 60 Hz as this update is so great on 90Hz
But I get you do not want to jump fort and back testing and getting frustrated, but do feel you much have missed a step somewhere.

• Deleted member 197115

Right now I´m driving in AC with all graphic stuff on ULTRA, its amazing! Of course with 1809! With 90Hz I have to take all down and the immersion wents to 3 of 10, with 60Hz I have 9 of 10!
With the HP reverb you have such a great resolutin and sharpness, then you will have all the eye-candy stuff!;)
See if this helps with setting it up.

Did you update Windows Mixed Reality for SteamVR Beta?
I saw no blur after upping the SteamVR SS.
Didn't test a lot on 60 Hz as this update is so great on 90Hz
But I get you do not want to jump fort and back testing and getting frustrated, but do feel you much have missed a step somewhere.
With the HP Reverb you will see the blurry, and that´s very annoying! I tested all the stuff with 1903 and the recent updates, no way. 60 Hz is good, ok 90Hz is better, but you have to reduce all graphical sweet stuff and if you have 24 cars on the track there will be a lost of performance. With 60 Hz everything is fine. Personaly 60Hz is no problem for me!

Saw on Reddit that MS are aware that some users got issues on 60 Hz!
I use 2120 X 2112 on my 1440 X 1440 display as custom resolution.
Adjust a few apps a little higher but see very little improvements with higher..

Have great results on Rf2 with Level 2 AA rock solid 90 Hz only weather, traffic and garages drops it to re-projection.
My preferred cars in RF2 are fairly low polygon which helps a lot too.
Can't quite get same good display in PC2 right now which is strange as it was better than Rf2 on 1809.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back