Windows 11 Fresh install tanking FPS?

I had upgraded to W11 from W10 and that case AC was running perfectly fine.

Eventually I ran into some trouble (with windows not AC) so I ended up having to fresh install W11. After managing to get AC to finally work I noticed that my performance is tanking quite hard. Before I would get around ~50-60 fps when surrounded by AI (and this is even with a lot of settings maxed out) but now I only get ~30 fps. Seems to be only affecting AC, playing ACC or PCARS2 works perfectly in line

One thing I noticed is that my GPU usage is not getting 100% utilized anymore despite 4K resolution. I know AI related stuff is CPU bound mostly, but even before my GPU utilization was at least ~80-90% but now in those situations it's ~50-60%. And sadly I'm on Intel so I don't think it has to do with the amd issues people have been reporting

Anyone else notice a drop in performance?

I had upgraded to W11 from W10 and that case AC was running perfectly fine.

Eventually I ran into some trouble (with windows not AC) so I ended up having to fresh install W11. After managing to get AC to finally work I noticed that my performance is tanking quite hard. Before I would get around ~50-60 fps when surrounded by AI (and this is even with a lot of settings maxed out) but now I only get ~30 fps. Seems to be only affecting AC, playing ACC or PCARS2 works perfectly in line

One thing I noticed is that my GPU usage is not getting 100% utilized anymore despite 4K resolution. I know AI related stuff is CPU bound mostly, but even before my GPU utilization was at least ~80-90% but now in those situations it's ~50-60%. And sadly I'm on Intel so I don't think it has to do with the amd issues people have been reporting

Anyone else notice a drop in performance?

Getting average 35 fps on my RTX 3090 and Ryzen 9 5900X with Windows 11. Not sure if it's because of the OS, but other games like Valorant are running fine. I diagnosed for like 1 hour - initially thought it was due to Customer Shaders but didn't even think about the OS.

On a side note, when Customer Shaders is on, the video is just black. Can hear audio in game, just black screen. Not sure if this is also related to W11.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 444 39.6%