Windows 10 update has reduced my fps by over 60%

My PC just had a big Windows 10 update (i was already using windows 10 - this is just some update they're rolling out these days).

Before the update I'd be getting 90 to 100 fps with 19 or 20 cars on track. after this update, I'm now getting 30 or 40 fps. I've checked through all the video settings in game: nothing has changed.

I've updated my Geforce drivers. I reconfigured SLI after the update and got that back to how it was before.

I have two GTX 780s and triples.

Has anyone got a clue what the fix is? I'm a bit desperate.

last Win10 Creators update messed my PC too .. had to reverse back to previous version ... Haven`t played AC but Adobe Bridge and Capture One wouldnt start after update without any reason .... something fishy about that update .. just go back to previous one ...
Also there were reports on redit I think with game performance loose after update

Last edited:
last Win10 Creators update messed my PC too .. had to reverse back to previous version ... Haven`t played AC but Adobe Bridge and Capture One wouldnt start after update without any reason .... something fishy about that update .. just go back to previous one ...
Also there were reports on redit I think with game performance loose after update
OK
Could you give me a clue about how to go back to previous one?

EDIT: no worries, i've googled it

Great! I undid the update and that fixed it.

Wasted two bloody hours on this this evening though. Grrrrrrr

New update is cancer. Start menu freezes. AC wouldn't load track. Onboard sound refuses to work.

Reinstalled the Nvidia drivers, that helped for AC. No luck with sound, using graphics card instead :(

I was on the same boat till this year, refusing to switch, but with new SSD I decided try it and it is much better :) .. still running Win7 on notebook and it feels obsolete when I`m using it .. never had real issues with 10 or 7 .. till this last update

OK, but in what way is Win 10 better? And why would Win 7 feel obsolete? I am just interested because I was thinking of doing the free upgrade to Win 10 but now I am not too sure. My Windows 7 does everything I need and I never have any problems with it and I have my desktop spruced up and clean and tidy.

OK, but in what way is Win 10 better? And why would Win 7 feel obsolete? I am just interested because I was thinking of doing the free upgrade to Win 10 but now I am not too sure. My Windows 7 does everything I need and I never have any problems with it and I have my desktop spruced up and clean and tidy.
I went from Windows 8.1 to 10 some time ago and I seem to remember I got noticeably more fps with Windows 10 by comparison to 8.1. So Windows 10 was great as far as I was concerned... until yesterday's update.

I went from Windows 8.1 to 10 some time ago and I seem to remember I got noticeably more fps with Windows 10 by comparison to 8.1. So Windows 10 was great as far as I was concerned... until yesterday's update.

Windows 8.1 is regarded as one of Microsofts biggest faliures since Millenium Edition and Vista. You can't compare Win 7's performance with 8.1.

well several things .. UI, some functionality and features .. plenty of articles writen on this topic.
Win7 is perfectly fine .. in long term perhaps best so far .. 10 just feel fresh and has some good ideas .. and it is not Win10 you could know from its beginings.

Perhaps wait till fall 2017 .. look at what Fall creators update will brigns and see if it is something that would change your mind ...

well several things .. UI, some functionality and features .. plenty of articles writen on this topic.
Win7 is perfectly fine .. in long term perhaps best so far .. 10 just feel fresh and has some good ideas .. and it is not Win10 you could know from its beginings.

Perhaps wait till fall 2017 .. look at what Fall creators update will brigns and see if it is something that would change your mind ...

Thanks for that. But apart from looking fresher (I can have my Win 7 look almost the same) how is it better for Pc Gaming? Like Isaid, I have been thinking of doing the free upgrade to Win 10 but if there is no benefit (yet) for gaming on Pc then I'll drop the idea.

Thanks for that. But apart from looking fresher (I can have my Win 7 look almost the same) how is it better for Pc Gaming? Like Isaid, I have been thinking of doing the free upgrade to Win 10 but if there is no benefit (yet) for gaming on Pc then I'll drop the idea.
well I have my PC for work .. something like gaming oriented workstation :) ... for gaming itself:

DX12
..well you are out of luck with DX12 on win 7 (probably more imporatant in future .. ability for CPU using all cores for 'comunication' with graphic card vs only using one core in DX11, specialy on lower end CPUs like i5, better powermanagement on DX12, DX12 exclusive games, ability to use integrated graphic cars as additional processing unit along with your dedicated graphic card.

Windowed mode
if you play your games in windowed mode, you shouldn`t get performance hit on Win10

Xbox live integration and Xbox streaming
if you are by any chance xbox user this might be usefull for you ..

If I used PC only for gaming I probably would bother yet .. at least till DX12 is more used ... performance is pretty much the same .. according to benchmarks sometimes better on 10 sometimes on 7 (for Dx11 games) but the differences are small

For everyday working PC there are more improvements

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back