PC1 Windows 10 and online lag

Hi all,
I upgraded to windows 10, two days ago. When playing online I was experiencing massive ( 5 to 7 seconds ) lag spikes. The screen would freeze but the sound would continue. When the screen unfroze and updated my track position I was off the track. This was completely ruining online play, it was happening every lap or two!
I rolled back to Windows 7 24 hours later and the problem has disappeared (I still get lag spikes but they are the same as before, 500ms to 1 second, not normally critical).
I was just wondering if anyone else was having problems, if so just roll back to Windows 7 or 8 and upgrade later when Windows 10 is more stable :)

I just can not understand that a organization like windows will screw up so bad, Windows 10 is a total disaster, so many bugs that cause problems, first my incoming emails was blocked, many other feature not working causing problem. PCars lags like hell. NY ADVICE TO THOSE WHO HAS NOT YET UPDATED TO 10 PLEASE DONT DO IT

Wow, just wow... I could care less of Windows 10 or OS X or LinuxX or ..., their just hammers to get a job done. With that said, I'm an IT director and already upgraded 4 of my personal computers and a half dozen corporate computers (many more to go eventually) to Windows 10. This have been the easiest the most problem free upgrade I have been a part of (20 years in IT). I'm not saying it's perfect or that no one will run into problems with their particular computer but come on... know what you're talking about before giving advice.
NOTE: If you "upgraded" with the choice of keeping all applications as-is then there is a good possibility of more problems - way too many variables to assure a problem free upgrade. Any good IT admin wouldn't use that method.

Wow, just wow... I could care less of Windows 10 or OS X or LinuxX or ..., their just hammers to get a job done. With that said, I'm an IT director and already upgraded 4 of my personal computers and a half dozen corporate computers (many more to go eventually) to Windows 10. This have been the easiest the most problem free upgrade I have been a part of (20 years in IT). I'm not saying it's perfect or that no one will run into problems with their particular computer but come on... know what you're talking about before giving advice.
NOTE: If you "upgraded" with the choice of keeping all applications as-is then there is a good possibility of more problems - way too many variables to assure a problem free upgrade. Any good IT admin wouldn't use that method.
I AM SO SORRY FOR STEPPING ON YOUR GENIUS TOE`S EVERT ONE IS NOT AN IT GENIUSE LIKE YOU

It is so sad to note your limited knowledge of problems around Windows 10. I think you should surf the net and see how many problems are listed that has not been fixed and for which there are no fixes as to yet. I would suggest you first search for ( Problems Win 10 ) and then pass further comments. Windows 10 is a disaster.
This wil enlarge your genius IT brain.
Seeing u are so clued up regarding the installation around Win 10, Please reply and assist all the problems that are noted on the net. I think many would be grateful for your expert knowledge
Regards

By the way, I ask those who have already played PCars on Windows 10, what improvements are noted using DirectX12? Is it really an improvement over DirectX11?
Maybe Pcars is not scheduled to take full advantage of DX12?

The majority of issues I've seen people have seem to be more due to them simply upgrading their OS rather that doing a clean install. So I highly suggest doing so if you choose to use Windows 10. I've been using it with my sim pc and have had no issues as well as a minimal fps increase in most games (roughly 5ish fps).

John Grant... Quite an abrasive little chap.

Windows 10 has provided ~ 10% average uplift for me across various titles. As was the case with windows 8, there are kernel-level optimizations with real-world benefits. DX12 (irrelevant to pcars as I don't expect to see a dx12 implementation, they aren't the sort of developers that seek out greater control over shader compilation and the like in the first place) is not the only significant reason to upgrade. I've done several installs on various hardware and haven't come across any 'problems' unique to windows 10. I saw some UI issues in the previews, but even then things were still perfectly functional for demanding software.

Microsoft tells you that the upgrade method often yields inconsistent results (as has always been the case with the upgrade feature ever since it was introduced)), so don't use it. It also disables your 3rd-party 'anti-virus'(99% scareware) and firewall (98% scareware), as there are countless definitions and code bases to deal with and almost all of it is useless.

Did you check the firewall permissions lists? If windows 10 actually 'blocked' incoming e-mails specifically, then it did it through there. I think you have an entirely separate problem that happens to work 'correctly' in windows 7. Look at your 3rd-party software. A full reformat will get rid of the offending rubbish, either way.

Search google for problem windows 10? Honestly, you should already know the answer for most of the questions being asked if you plan on giving advice on windows versions...

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 108 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 203 14.9%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 384 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing