Windows 10 and freezing problem

Basically my PC very randomly just freezes. Could be fine for a week or maybe only a few hours. Doesn't seem to run any particular pattern. I could be surfing the net or running GPL or Assetto Corsa. Everything just stops and nothing short of a hard shut down will fix it. Mouse freezes, clock stops, even the Hard drive light just stops as well. This is my system:

HD 500G|SEAGATE ST3500514NS %

(Added Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal SSD) (2019)

MB ASROCK|P67 EXTREME4 (B3) P67 R

DVD BURN SAMSUNG | SH-S222A BK

VGA ASUS|ENGTX560 TI DCII TOP/2DI/1

Updated to EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti SC GAMING, 4GB 5/7/2018

CPU COOLER CM| RR-B10-212P-G1

MEM 4Gx2|KST KHX1600C9D3K2/8GX

CASE ROSEWILL|CHALLENGER

PSU ANTEC|650W EA650

CPU INTEL|CORE I5 2500K 3.3G 6M

WIN 7 HOME PREM SP1 64BIT ENG (Updated to Win 10)

ASUS XONAR DG 5.1 CHANNELS PCI INTERFACE SOUND CARD

If I could uninstall the Update that was causing it I would. I keep wondering If it was that stupid Edge update.My options left are a full reinstall of Windows 10, or maybe a restore install.
If I need to do a full install clean I may upgrade the motherboard and CPU at the same time since it will be so much work.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated

With a system this old, it can be almost anything.

Most likely culprits? RAM (you could try just running with 2 modules and swap them around) or cooling (check temperatures, make sure cooler is seated properly, repaste maybe). Also the MB might be failing (check capacitors, but it doesn't really mean much if they look OK).

I had this problem on a brand spanking new PC with Rx5700xt and Ryzen5 3600x.

I asked a way more experienced coleague and he suggested to run the game ( Asseto Corsa)
as an Admistrator.

Now everytime i start a race i have to aknowledge that it may be started, but never had a freeze again.

I don´t know if this did anything but i also set the priority of AC to high in the task manager.

Hope that helps

MFG Carsten

Like Martin said, could be anything.
Even PSU.
Whatever you have at home as a spare or what you could borrow should be substituted (one after the other). Then test again after each change.
Sorry, there seems to be no easy fix.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back