Windowed mode problems

Matheus Machado

Talking Door Racing
Hello guys,
As i'm running AC in a Dell Laptop (i7 4510u, Radeon R7 260m, 16 gb ram) I have very low FPS and very high CPU usage with windowed mode. When it's running on fullscreen it does just fine. But it sometimes randomly it goes into the windowed mode. It also happens in other games as well. Is there any settings AC or windows for preventing this to happen?

Something running in the background is likely causing that. Or an overlay pop up. But AC isn't doing it. I have to run with "fullscreen" unchecked due to getting black scrolling bars (randomly) with it on...

Then you have to factor in its a laptop, power save features, etc. so that randomizes your challenges...

Something running in the background is likely causing that. Or an overlay pop up. But AC isn't doing it. I have to run with "fullscreen" unchecked due to getting black scrolling bars (randomly) with it on...

Then you have to factor in its a laptop, power save features, etc. so that randomizes your challenges...
Tried killing some processes in taskmanager and it worked. Talking on your black bars, try setting the resolution to your monitor native, as it seems that AC can't scale the screen properly and usually you can get better results in full screen rendering regardless of using a much higher resolution (720p vs 1080p for example).

Tried killing some processes in taskmanager and it worked. Talking on your black bars, try setting the resolution to your monitor native, as it seems that AC can't scale the screen properly and usually you can get better results in full screen rendering regardless of using a much higher resolution (720p vs 1080p for example).
Glad it worked for you. My black bars I fear might be from using Nvidea reference boards. They appear when 2D and 3D render together. Matching resolution and hrz, using adaptive vsync and disabling overlays can help reduce them but not eliminate them.

I run tripple screen and they only appear on the screens hooked up to dvi ports. Hdmi is fine. Older games are worse but newer games not so much except for AC... My assumption is Kunos might have used retail boards and not dev boards from nvidea during dev.

If Kunos and nvidia do a nvidia profile together that should cure it also...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 202 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 256 13.4%