Window Banners

Hello peeps. I created myself a front window banner in photoshop and then converted it in paint.NET as per guide found here but I came across a problem. The banner shows up in game when playing in cockpit view but when in replays I can see only the game's default. Anyone has any ideas where I am going wrong?
Ta

The guide just tells you to use Paint.net if you skin with Gimp.

I suppose you read RD Skinning Tutorial and it says this:
"Windows are very simple. But it requires the use of more software (Paint.NET). I’m not sure if it’s the fault of GIMP for not being able to flatten the image properly, or if the DDS plug-in for GIMP isn’t compressing the file properly. At any rate, we will be doing the skinning in GIMP (because that is what I am familiar with). For the conversion to DDS we will need Paint.NET."

Guide is written for free-to-use software only. Photoshop is not free to use, so that will be the main reason :)

Think we have to wait for TS to react, and see if he did interior and exterior or just the interior.

Good to hear it worked out.

In regards to the dds plugin. Search google for a dds converter. There are free ones available, which convert the saved PSD file. I had the same issue with the plugin in Photoshop, so I use a seperate convertor which works fine.

Be aware that you can't just add something on the exterior windows. If you do, the added tekst (name for instance) will be transparant as the window is. It will be visible, but you can look through it sort of speak.

Setting the alpha channel is definitely needed for best results, even for the interior window, but if you have a banner that is completely colored in, you don't need to worry about it.

And glad you are getting things straightened out on the windows :)

Well, I must admit that after having an issue with installing it once, I just looked for a convertor. Didn't bother to try again.

The convertor works fine for me, so I didn't feel the need to download it again. Shall try it, just to see if it's me doing something stupid :p

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 310 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.5%