Wind noise sound mod?

Hi~GTR233:
Thanks for your reply.
I made a new wav file renamed ROADSTONES.WAV to to replace the oringinal one, but GTR2 doesn't play the sound I made. (I drove Lamborghini murcielago R-GT)
Maybe GTR2 does not use "VS_INSIDE_WIND_NOISE=" to do anything.

Open AUD file with notepad and scroll down till you see WIND and check EXACT name of called WAV files for inside/outside, because some mods use different names. Moreover WAV should be stereo for inside and mono for outside, 22 or 44 khz, 16bits.

Hi~GTR233:

I opend GameData/Teams/GT/Lamborghini Murcielago Teams/Murcielagosounds.aud, and the informations are:
VS_INSIDE_WIND_NOISE=roadstones.wav
VS_OUTSIDE_WIND_NOISE=roadstones_ext.wav

I edit the roadstones.wav I made as Stereo, 22050Hz, 32bit float, but GTR2 still did not play it while I drove.

For testing this, I go to the directory GameData/Sounds.
Rename roadstones.wav as roadstones.wav.bak.
Copy "gravel_skid_int.wav" (it's stereo, 22050Hz, 32bit float) and rename it as "roadstones.wav."
Run GTR2, and I still found no "gravel_skid_int.wav" style wind noise while driving.

Thank you :)

Weird because when I change the sound it works for me : easy way is to rename line in AUD file instead of changing wav file name but it works the same anyway
VS_INSIDE_WIND_NOISE=gravel_skid_int.wav (not really wind noise though)
Moreover at high speed the wind noise is louder and you should clearly hear it so I don't know why that doesn't work for you ???

Last edited:
Hi~ GTR233:
Yes, It's really strange that file replacing does not work.

For listening the original wind noise of GTR2, I turn off engine and speaker's sound. I heard whispering "Hoo~~~" while driving, but I am not sure it's wind noise or not, maybe it's tyre noise in fact. The noise will be louder while car speeding up, but the noise will be maximum after car reached 20km/h, the noise will not be louder anymore. This is another strange thing.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Hi~ GTR233:
Yes, It's really strange that file replacing does not work.

For listening the original wind noise of GTR2, I turn off engine and speaker's sound. I heard whispering "Hoo~~~" while driving, but I am not sure it's wind noise or not, maybe it's tyre noise in fact. The noise will be louder while car speeding up, but the noise will be maximum after car reached 20km/h, the noise will not be louder anymore. This is another strange thing.

Thank you.

You told me that you like lfs wind noise so if you have got both games installed then you can import the sounds in GTR2 either by editing name in AUD file or renaming WAV files

GTR233:
Oh~ You are right! I found "VS_INSIDE_WIND_NOISE" worked.
It's seems that GTR2 has blur effect for the sound of wav file, so it sounds almost the same when I apply different wav file for VS_INSIDE_WIND_NOISE.
Now I set VS_INSIDE_WIND_NOISE=WindExternal.wav (it come from LFS demo), it worked well.
Thanks a lot~

VS_INSIDE_X That is the sounds you hear when in the cockpit. Not the sounds from outside.
Just like VS_OUTSIDE_X are sounds you hear from outside the cockpit position.

Hi~Bjarne Hansen:
I set VS_INSIDE_WIND_NOISE=WindExternal.wav because the only wind noise wav file in LFS's directory can I found was "WindExternal.wav", there was no "WindInternal.wav". :)
Thanks.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%