win7: no visible GUI for tracked or modeler

After installing win7 on my computer, I cannot seem to use neither tracked or modeler. They start, but I only get a black area where the buttons used to be.. seems like the GUI libs are missing but I know I have them installed.. maybe they are not 64-bit compatible? Anyone know?

Huh.. ok.. but tracks do not load in tracked, or rather, they look like colorcharts if they even load at all. Is Ruud aware of this perchance?

EDIT: Screenshots in Racer turn up black as well. Racer v.0.8.8.1, Windows7 Pro. 64-bit.

• Tiberius

Send a bug report to Racer's bugs email? you never know, it might get something done for you :)

Can't help with Win 7 (I'm still on XP Pro, reluctant to buy another MS product after Vista..), but everything worked fine on Ubuntu 64 bit, so surely it should do on 64 bit windows?

A while ago we reported to Ruud that Racer's support applications aren't displayed correctly under Win 7 64-bit with Aero enabled, as there was an obvious issue with the window order hiding input boxes. It turned out to be related to ordering problems with multiple OpenGL windows running simultaneously (ie. pacejka.exe counts as one, the pacejka graph, the input pop ups...). It worked fine when Aero was disabled though. Ruud found a solution that fixed that, at least for me running with Aero on, but it seems this is a case of one step forward one step back. If you can, try to enable Aero to see if it works at all - if that's not an option I suggest contacting Ruud again to let him know.

Well.. it's been a week since the last reply.. so I guess no one has any suggestions? I use both modeler and tracked alot, so if this is not resolved I really don't feel like doing any modelling.. it is just a pain to work without them.. the way I work at least..

PS: Maybe there is a workaround? VirualPC or something? Anything? Please? :tongue:

Did you try running them with Aero enabled, as suggested in my previous post? It works here, it works for Dream Factory and it works for Ruud as well, after all.

So I did, and also I now have aero enabled permanently. I am installing Virtualbox and XP so I at least can get something done until I figure out what is wrong. Thanks for replying anyway. Really apprectiate it. :)

You can always use tracked and modeler from a previous version if you still have them around.

Indeed a very good thought, but.. both 0.7x and 0.6x seem to have the same problem. They seem to use some Qlib (readable in the upper left corner of modeler and tracked) - might I be missing the qlib that renders the buttons and UI (just a shot in the dark) or is it statically linked? I can see the blue area in modeler, but the rest is black..

EDIT: Installed Enterprise Edition from scratch (and yeah.. no backup..) and the problem remains..

After trying to run these apps on several DELL computers I have come to the conclusion that the problem must be related to the computers configuration, i.e. DELL with onboard Intel graphics chips. The outcome on all these computers (tested at the University) show the same results: black background, no buttons.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%