Win 10 update & Vsync issues

On the weekend my win 10 updated (1803) itself. I also update to the latest NVidia driver. Anyway, prior my AMS worked great. Following said updates had all sorts of issues (black screen, won't load, AA) greeted me.

After much screwing about managed to finally get AMS looking good again. But 1 thing confuses me is I can no longer get working is VSync regardless whether I have it ticked in Nvidia inspector, control panel or AMS config, or all 3 nothing works. Framerate limiter in game does though.

Not critical but an odd one, anyone have ideas? I have read through countless forums but cant find a solution to this, or similar issues. Only conclusion I can draw is somehow the latest win update screwed this game again. Note: I also have to now run steam as admin (or AMS.exe) just to get it to play. I don't need full screen optimisation to get AA working, inspector has sorted that, and don't need to run in windowed mode in the config.

Just a quick update. Decided to verify files in steam for the 3rd time just in case. As a result I am back to square 1. Does not matter what I do now nothing I change in the config works, i.e. AA issues are back and can't even use the menu properly, like it is widescreen and I cant select my profile. Nvidia inspector, control panel, config all make no difference. Same with running 'disable screen optimisations', windowed etc etc. Very frustrating and I can only put it down to something the latest windows 10 update did to this game, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2 etc don't seem to have the same issues.

I had the same issue a while back but I can't remember what I did to fix it. Try to delete/rename the automobilista folder in documents, that's really all I can I think of.
I'm using a AMD gpu so I don't think it has something to do with gpu or drivers.

I had an issue with vsync a while back as well (before the latest Windows update if I remember correctly), but sadly I also don't remember how I fixed it... :(

In any way, I'd try running the game config utility both as an administrator and as a regular user. They use different location for the config files and it's possible you're changing it for one of them, but the game is actually using the other one, so it seems like your changes have no effect.

Thanks for the advice Martin. I played around again this arvo and managed to get it working again (the game, not vsync). Just tried your suggestion with the config.exe and unfortunately that managed to stuff it again (poor AA, mouse not working on menu screen etc). Really frustrating since I have made so many changes over the last few days and can't get the game working normally like before the update. It is like the config.exe and the AMS.exe just refuse to recognise any changes on themselves or from nvidia controller/inspector.

Thanks again, ill just keep changing things and changing things and hopefully I will stumble on a fix.

Final update, got it working back to how it was pre-win update. Don't ask me how as I did so many things and would have no idea what fixed it. Even vsync is working. I shall never make any further changes to my graphics etc as I am too scared of buggering up this great game again. I shall now enjoy everything I love about the game, until windows decide to update itself again that is...

Final update, got it working back to how it was pre-win update. Don't ask me how as I did so many things and would have no idea what fixed it. Even vsync is working. I shall never make any further changes to my graphics etc as I am too scared of buggering up this great game again. I shall now enjoy everything I love about the game, until windows decide to update itself again that is...

A lot of us are in that position...afraid to update anything graphics-related for fear that it triggers endless wasted hours of fiddling. And not just with AMS...

Well I think I worked out what the issue was, and it is more related to ignorance than Win 10. Things were still not working properly and noticed DSR would not work in AC and crash the game in AMS. On a hunch I decided to clean my previous NVidia drivers (DDU) which I had never done before (i.e. the ignorance). Surprise surprise doing that and reinstalling latest NVidia driver and things are back to normal. Now I just need to remember all my graphics settings... So moral of the story, if in doubt clean with DDU.

It is a recommended process that before updating NVidia drivers to first totally uninstall/remove the existing set then install the updated. I stick to this religiously after having issues some time ago and have had zero issues since.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back