Win 10 update AC no longer works

Ok guys on Monday May 15, 2017 AC worked just fine:D. Tuesday May 16, 2017 windows updated and BAM AC quit working:unsure:. Did a rollback of Windows 10 build 1703 to the previous version that I was able to run Assetto Corsa on (on Monday) and now I'm having the same problem:mad:.

When I use the official AC launcher Menu Screen.JPG

I can get into the game, but when I go to drive, the loading screen
Loading Screen.JPG
appears for a few seconds and then goes straight back to the AC menu screen.

When I try and use Content Manager I get an error message that reads:
Error Message.JPG

Unfortunately my poor System Admin is yours truly:whistling::cry::mad::mad::mad:

This error message is a bad image message. When you investigate this it looks like it could be a virus or malware issue, but I've run scans with Avast and Malwarebytes and there is nothing suspicious on my PC.

I verified the integrity of game files 4 times. Everything checked out so it didn't fix anything. I then removed my acs.exe (it's the bad image file mentioned in above error message) and the msvcp.110.dll (again, above error) and ran an integrity check for the 5th time. Files were successfully replaced and still no fix.

I know I can do an uninstall and reinstall, but I really don't think that will fix the issue and I would hate to go through the pain of having to reinstall all of my DLC's and mods and it still not work. I think this should be my last resort. Not because I'm lazy, but because I think there is an underlying issue that needs to be addressed.

So as of right now I'm dead in the water. Any help would be appreciated.

Sincerely,
One frustrated, confused and pissed off dude

Did you check to make sure your resolution/refresh rate didn't get reset to some value that doesn't jive with your system? This has happened to me several times after game/system updates, the game would default to a low resolution or frame rate and would dump me back to the menu after trying to load the track, once I changed it back to the correct resolution/refresh rate all was fine. I think they've tried to fix it but not sure if it was successful.

Did you check to make sure your resolution/refresh rate didn't get reset to some value that doesn't jive with your system? This has happened to me several times after game/system updates, the game would default to a low resolution or frame rate and would dump me back to the menu after trying to load the track, once I changed it back to the correct resolution/refresh rate all was fine. I think they've tried to fix it but not sure if it was successful.
Thanks for the idea. No changes and still not working. Project Cars is still just fine, but that just torks me even more:mad::D:roflmao:
I'ma gonna kill dis beast

Im using windows 10 1703 and assetto corsa runs no problems for me.
Same here, all my games (every sim available) run fine on Windows 10, as I'm sure it does for many others. In my case it's Windows 10 with the most recent updates.
PC's "can be" tricky as there are thousands of hardware and software combinations. I've been an IT admin/manager for the past 20 years - I rarely ran into an OS issue unless I was supporting older unsupported hardware.
Sorry, this is of no help to the posters' problems but just my take on Windows 10.

Same here, all my games (every sim available) run fine on Windows 10, as I'm sure it does for many others. In my case it's Windows 10 with the most recent updates.
PC's "can be" tricky as there are thousands of hardware and software combinations. I've been an IT admin/manager for the past 20 years - I rarely ran into an OS issue unless I was supporting older unsupported hardware.
Sorry, this is of no help to the posters' problems but just my take on Windows 10.
I very much appreciate your response. I'm able to run Project Cars just fine as well as other programs. It's just AC that's having the problem.
Like I mentioned in the original post, I would just uninstall and reinstall, but since I removed the acs.exe and msvcp110.dll and they were replaced with the integrity check and it didn't help I really don't know if that would be smart or fix it. Since you're in the Compooter biz I would appreciate your advice. If you think I should do it and it doesn't work I promise I will not blame you:):) I'm just a lost puppy needing some serious guidance.
Have a great day

RESOLUTION (sort of). FORCE 32 BIT mode. Worked in the original AC gui and Content Manager as well. Even works with the new Win10 update from Hades. Never had to change or delete any files.

Thank you all so much for your time and advice. We truly do have a warm, helpful and knowledgeable group here at RD. @Bez you really should consider joining us for the AC club races and rookie races. It just makes your experience here that much better my friend.

I will continue to search for a real solution so I can use the 64bit mode just because it bugs me not to know.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bez
RESOLUTION (sort of). FORCE 32 BIT mode. Worked in the original AC gui and Content Manager as well. Even works with the new Win10 update from Hades. Never had to change or delete any files.

Thank you all so much for your time and advice. We truly do have a warm, helpful and knowledgeable group here at RD. @Bez you really should consider joining us for the AC club races and rookie races. It just makes your experience here that much better my friend.

I will continue to search for a real solution so I can use the 64bit mode just because it bugs me not to know.
Glad to hear that youve found a workaround for your problem and hopefully you find the full solution.
I really do need to jump back into AC but for a long time it really didnt play well with my wheel/wheel software, i read on the simxperience forum that by disabling telemetry logging in the sim commander software it removes the random FFB spikes that weve been getting. Ive been playing mostly iracing and rf2, cant get enough of the usf2000 in rf2, the feel of that car is amazing.
If i can get AC feeling right ill come join.

Glad to hear that youve found a workaround for your problem and hopefully you find the full solution.
I really do need to jump back into AC but for a long time it really didnt play well with my wheel/wheel software, i read on the simxperience forum that by disabling telemetry logging in the sim commander software it removes the random FFB spikes that weve been getting. Ive been playing mostly iracing and rf2, cant get enough of the usf2000 in rf2, the feel of that car is amazing.
If i can get AC feeling right ill come join.
Thank you.
If your used to iracing then I'm sure you know about wheelcheck. Even if you are familiar with it you may not know that there is now a way to use it an apply it to AC. Completely transformed my AC wheel experience, but I'm using a Logi G27 so I would look at what @Brandon Wright said in below comments before going down my route.

After you read Brandon's comment and you want to proceed based on your wheel I would recommend watching this video.
If you want to try it watch the video again and do what Derek says.
You can get LUT Generator here at RD via this link:
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/lut-generator-for-ac.9740/
You will notice on this same link another link in blue to a dropbox link for Wheelcheck if you don't already have it.
I hope to see you at the races one day, but if not I just want to say thanks again.
Have a great day.

Last edited:
If you want to try it watch the video again and do what Derek says.
You can get LUT Generator here at RD via this link:
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/lut-generator-for-ac.9740/
You will notice on this same link another link in blue to a dropbox link for Wheelcheck if you don't already have it.
I hope to see you at the races one day, but if not I just want to say thanks again.
Have a great day.

The LUT generator is generally for lower-end wheels like the Logitechs, it feels terrible on my CSW. I doubt it would be of any benefit on a direct drive wheel.

I didn't know that. Great to know and noted. Thanks man.

I think a lot of people don't know it. I tried it on my T300 and my CSW and it just made it feel numb because it actually brings everything down a bit. And I've seen several other T300 and CSW owners say the same thing, so I'd presume the direct drive would be the same. I think those actually put out their own FFB anyway so the LUT might not even do anything at all.

I think a lot of people don't know it. I tried it on my T300 and my CSW and it just made it feel numb because it actually brings everything down a bit. And I've seen several other T300 and CSW owners say the same thing, so I'd presume the direct drive would be the same. I think those actually put out their own FFB anyway so the LUT might not even do anything at all.
In future posts I will always check and see what wheel. Also gonna modify my response to Bez

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.2%
  • 100% offline racing