Williams Sign George Russell for 2019 F1 Season

I like him, great talent, good choice (imo) young and so eager to please..lets hope, that none of Hamilton's attitude rubs off on him.
Why does everyone have to be nicey nicely? Having an attitude in sport can separate you from the rest. He demands respect from his team and team mates, he stands up for himself and has made himself one of the best drivers if not the best in the history of F1 and you don't want a guy like that's attitude rubbing off on him? What are you thinking.

Bottas is a nice guy granted but sometimes nice guys Finnish last (see what I did there) ;)

THAT smile thou...
:-S
78675078198188f1bc9fa87e7791ba27.jpg

Russell and Norris next season then! Excellent! I'm looking forward to seeing how the young bits compete. Just a shame it'll be for the lower positions.

Do you realize that 95% of the responses say nothing about George Russell...the racer?
Some of you guys are way too funny.

Cause almost nobody has ever heard of this "guy"...except from brief footage in the pits nobody has ever seen this "Justin Bieber lookalike".

And then he gets a Williams seat. Should we really applaud Wolff for putting a so called top talent in a C-Team so he can rot his ass for 2 years while Wolff thinks about Mercedes only? Williams needed money, Mercedes gave it to them and in the meantime this "guy" gets sold and he seems to be very happy about it (well probably not, but he's obliged to say so).

Yay!

Yay F1! /s

Cause almost nobody has ever heard of this "guy"...except from brief footage in the pits nobody has ever seen this "Justin Bieber lookalike".

And then he gets a Williams seat. Should we really applaud Wolff for putting a so called top talent in a C-Team so he can rot his ass for 2 years while Wolff thinks about Mercedes only? Williams needed money, Mercedes gave it to them and in the meantime this "guy" gets sold and he seems to be very happy about it (well probably not, but he's obliged to say so).

Yay!

Yay F1! /s
Wow!
Are you upset about Mercedes placing an 'option' ...or about..as you call him... 'an unknown' getting a seat?
I'm a bit confused

How about following Formula 2? http://www.fiaformula2.com/Standings/Driver/

But I get it, it's easier to crack jokes based on looks than having a serious discussion about racecraft.
Couldn't have said it better myself! George has won more races than Lando's Norris this year (5 Vs 1 I think) and will win the title unless something seriously goes wrong.

I have to say that's one of the worst photos I've seen of him too. Anyone who follows Mercedes F1 on social media would see he's featured fairly regularly.

Ideally Ocon would get the other seat but I imagine they'd need someone with money to bring.. Markelov would be a good bet.

GP2 is great viewing.
F1 is the biggest test in motorsport though, unfortunately only the cream of the crop last more than a year or two there.

Last edited:
I don't mean to have this sort of comment, but it seems to me like the young crew of drivers need to eat a few more slices of pizza and hit the gym. Yeah, I understand getting weight down to add more bits to the car, but they don't look strong enough to step hard on a brake pedal.
I thought I heard something about raising the minimum weight and it having to do with the drivers having to work crazy hard to keep so slim. Seems to me drivers are bigger (taller not fatter) so it would make sense.

I don't mean to have this sort of comment, but it seems to me like the young crew of drivers need to eat a few more slices of pizza and hit the gym. Yeah, I understand getting weight down to add more bits to the car, but they don't look strong enough to step hard on a brake pedal.
Pizza and gym are the most opposite and contradicting things you could ever come up with :D

I thought I heard something about raising the minimum weight and it having to do with the drivers having to work crazy hard to keep so slim. Seems to me drivers are bigger (taller not fatter) so it would make sense.

There is going to be, i was certainly in the drafts for 2019 regs. The key part is that any ballast, if needed, will have to be in prescribed positions close to the driver to negate the benefit of hiring a smaller driver and being able to place the ballast around the car in places that may benefit you in terms of balance or minimise the penalty of carrying it.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 133 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 182 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 358 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 499 39.0%