Alright when was that again.....?

Stripes remind me of Falken tyres livery :)

Attachments

• BMW-m6.jpg-600x400.png
    BMW-m6.jpg-600x400.png
    341 KB · Views: 81
If you ignore the Russian flag issues this is actually a fantastic livery. Some old school vibes with the diagonal block colours and that number placement... Mint!!!

This and the Alpine I think are the standouts. I don't mind the Aaron Martin livery either.
I didn't think of Russia.. Clever livery I guess...
For me it looks very similar to a Williams Martini livery to be honest. And I like it!

Although Williams doesn't look like Williams anymore...

What a mess. I'm amazed that the corporate executives thought "yes this is an excellent livery"!

As some have already said, the front and the rear don't match at all - and neither match with the brand identity on their website/merch! It all looks simultaneously busy yet boring and empty.

The number font is a particularly sore point for me - it's 30 years out of date and clashes horribly with the modern livery and modern, sans serif fonts of Williams and their sponsors.

I can think of a fair few RaceDepartment members who could do better!

Last edited:
Something I don't get: if the doping investigation came about in 2014, and the ban for Russia to have national athletes compete under their country flag would last 2 years from then, why is it still being enforced?

...geopolitical games?

This is the ultimate irony, US F1 car in Russian livery and colors.
I’d say instead of a bad thing, it should be seen as something positive.

There was a short window when we were able to set aside differences and work together in space, curb the nuclear arms race and even work together for global stability. Now we are back to polarization, demonizing and primitive tribalism. Sad, but true.

So I like this Haas car...

...not that I care for billionaires like Mazepin, regardless where their passport was issued.

Sorry mods, I’ll go back to chores in the garden - much better for my mood.

Obviously it's a matter of taste, but I think it's a nice looking car. Not an all time classic, but far from ugly.

These cars are so ungainly in proportions that, if you go too much monocolor, they start to look very inelegant. I'm sure others think the exact opposite, but that's how it goes!

I think it's funny that they bothered to come up with a completely new livery for a car that they aren't bothering to upgrade all year. Something about putting lipstick on a pig? Have to please the Russian overlords, I suppose.

The only positive thing about this new livery is that we won't see it much on race day. This is simply horrible. They have no major sponsor, and thus no real obligation to use a specific colour scheme, and they come up with this nonsense? In a way, it sums up the last couple of years of Williams very well...

All they would have to do would be to switch the order of the colours: put the red on top of the blue. It would look great and there would be no reference to the Russian flag.

Yesterday, on Twitter, Gunther Steiner wrote that it was "just a f**king livery!" :roflmao:

The Red Bull liveries don't get the credit they deserve. Since they changed to matte paint they've been great. This is the best yet now Aston Martin have left, didn't like the cross branding with Honda

Haven't considered them a truly American team at any time. Zero American drivers ever, Italian mechanicals, and now flying the Russian flag with pride. Not sure why they insist on keeping the "American" tag... not like there's the slightest shred of respect for Americans in F1, why not just be proud of who and what you are, which is clearly NOT American other than in the home address of the owner. To myself and the Americans I know, we don't have any national loyalty to this bunch whatsoever. Sincerely wish Haas had never raised my hopes, wish they'd just go away now. Let the Haas clown show of inevitable ineptitude fly the Russian flag with pride.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 222 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 150 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.3%