Williams hit Manholes again

Just seen on facebook Mr Russell in the Williams getting car shattered by loose drain hole.
Now i know well that drivers and other key personel do a track walk and look for minor imperfections in the surface. (A small bump a manhole ect) perpendicularly if its on the racing line.
OK they may not know it was loose but Liberty Medea have people who have to do the same check. Espeshaly a street circuit where its put up and tear down after event.
The manhole had to be welded down. FIA should make shore all Manholes are welded down before a car runs on the track. Silly things like this are a hazard and could postpone or cancel event.

PS did Kubacia hit a manhole and ruin his race at Melbourne.

In the super mario kart GP, bob-ombs are to be expected; yet the MrBean-like clearance of the Williams was a good show. :roflmao: More Baku non-sensical fun on Sunday!

Credit to F1 for putting the sorry series of events up on Youtube.

I wondered if they'd cover it up and pretend it never happened.

This surprised me. I wasn’t surprised that an F1 car generated enough suction to lift a manhole cover. I was surprised that a Williams generated enough suction to lift a manhole cover. :cool:

New tracks. It isn't just that the welding was insufficient. As you can see the first thing that happens is that some dude puts the cover back and jumps up and down on it.

It isn't necessarily that dude did not know that just putting the cover back isn't sufficient. The problem here is that these marshals are obviously not drilled on the most important bit - in doubt, leave things alone. Next thing you know they do some crazy thing that endangers the life of a driver, e.g. like they did with Frentzen.

The established tracks are not just more attractive to the established audience. They also have established procedures.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 108 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 202 14.9%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 384 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 521 38.3%