AC Williams FW31 @ Albert Park (+twitch stream) - Sunday 20th March 2016

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
If you have not had much wheel to wheel practice in cars as crazy as this, dont bother signing up. You're just going to ruin it for everyone.
They should practice it online. As a rule of thumb, if you are behind a car you have less downforce, threfore less braking power.

Practice makes perfect.

Thats true but some of this **** tonight was beyond acceptable. I'm not exaggerating when I said I was hit from behind by the same person 3 times.
It was true some actions were above unacceptable, but it shouldn't be a reason to scare off people, and if the same guy does it again and again you can file up a report and we are going to take care of it.

It was true some actions were above unacceptable, but it shouldn't be a reason to scare off people, and if the same guy does it again and again you can file up a report and we are going to take care of it.

Or better yet... try to help the guy out, give him advice how to handle the car under power :)

I absolutely agree with the both of you. Slower people (like me) tend to question if there is any sense in taking part in an event at all if your best time is only good for the final row and you are 6 secs slower than the leaders. But in the end, a large grid is way more exciting and immersive (imho) than racing against a couple of drivers, and if you learn to keep calm in the back, driving 25 laps without a major mistake gives a sense of achievement in itself.
Anyway, Nordschleife and F1 on the same weekend was insane, I'm simply wasted.

I absolutely agree with the both of you. Slower people (like me) tend to question if there is any sense in taking part in an event at all if your best time is only good for the final row and you are 6 secs slower than the leaders. But in the end, a large grid is way more exciting and immersive (imho) than racing against a couple of drivers, and if you learn to keep calm in the back, driving 25 laps without a major mistake gives a sense of achievement in itself.
Anyway, Nordschleife and F1 on the same weekend was insane, I'm simply wasted.
I'm glad you liked our event selection:) You can be sure that next week with the 2H event and the DTM we are providing you the same emotions!

I'm glad you liked our event selection:) You can be sure that next week with the 2H event and the DTM we are providing you the same emotions!

GOOD-EXHAUSTED-BOURDAIS-POST-RACE-IMG_3271-e1432574713602.jpg

People just need to stop wining about this race. We aren't pro's are we? Come on, it is just a game and it ain't a leaguerace or something. Some of you guys think you are pro's but act like jerks on track and I don't call any names. These are F1 cars and you need to handle in a split second if things go wrong and that isn't that easy for the most of us. Something else; When we are in race is it a possibility that each one of you is quiet during the race? It looked like a bunch of kids who were going on a schooltrip! Come on man, just shut it while in race. It ain't that good for concentration, in next races it would be nice everyone just shut his mouth while in a race!
I ain't participating in these races anymore, due to childish jokes from some of you and make stupid jokes and annoy some other drivers!

It is just amateuristic
Well, last I checked there are no paid professionals racing in this club event. So everyone is an amateur.

People are allowed to talk. It's a club race. It's not to be taken overly seriously. As Tobias says, if you don't like people talking, then simply mute your TeamSpeak, or don't come on TS at all.

Well, last I checked there are no paid professionals racing in this club event. So everyone is an amateur.

People are allowed to talk. It's a club race. It's not to be taken overly seriously. As Tobias says, if you don't like people talking, then simply mute your TeamSpeak, or don't come on TS at all.
So I ain't right at all? Some on TS should be there to inform the racers where for example the accidents have happened and where the yellow flags are at. It ain't for a bunch of kids who are jelling and laughing all the time. The most drivers here expect a professional attitude at the track, it should be the same for TS.

What is the difference between Club and League racing?
Club events are for casual racing only. It's not about the winning or losing but about having a good driving experience. This is the perfect environment for your daily races as there is no pressure involved. Fun is King.

Leagues races are more professional and points can be scored for the championship. There is also the pressure of running with some of the best drivers in the simracing community! This does not mean that you need to have alien speed to join our leagues. You will always find drivers of your level in every race.

People need to calm the f**k down. Nobody died.

The talking in Teamspeak annoyed me a little bit but it never put me off massively, i can zone out of people talking. I did however think it was mandatory to be in the TS while in a race... I'll know for future.

When i'm racing against Discovery.tv and others i know are very fast around tracks it does put me off joining a little bit, but as it's a club race and i'm fairly thick skinned i try and take part anyway - there have been some races where only 4 or 5 cars line up on track and it's fairly boring, so the absolute last thing you need to be doing is putting people down. Coach them if anything, i'd love to have a little coaching to improve myself by a second a lap!

@Martin Faber I'm sorry our talking interfered with your driving, I didn't mean for that to happen. I would have definitely stopped or at least toned it out if you had said something. Hell, I might've opened up my own subchannel. If in the future you find this happens to you, just mute teamspeak. You can set a keyboard shortcut to do so in the settings, I have mine bound to ctrl+M.
I don't appreciate however you belittling me or anyone else I conversed with. Some people are louder than others, some are silent. You don't have to start calling people names, this just makes you look bad.

People just need to stop wining about this race. We aren't pro's are we? Come on, it is just a game and it ain't a leaguerace or something. Some of you guys think you are pro's but act like jerks on track and I don't call any names. These are F1 cars and you need to handle in a split second if things go wrong and that isn't that easy for the most of us. Something else; When we are in race is it a possibility that each one of you is quiet during the race? It looked like a bunch of kids who were going on a schooltrip! Come on man, just shut it while in race. It ain't that good for concentration, in next races it would be nice everyone just shut his mouth while in a race!
I ain't participating in these races anymore, due to childish jokes from some of you and make stupid jokes and annoy some other drivers!

Ironic post of the year.

*slow clap*

@Martin Faber I'm sorry our talking interfered with your driving, I didn't mean for that to happen. I would have definitely stopped or at least toned it out if you had said something. Hell, I might've opened up my own subchannel. If in the future you find this happens to you, just mute teamspeak. You can set a keyboard shortcut to do so in the settings, I have mine bound to ctrl+M.
I don't appreciate however you belittling me or anyone else I conversed with. Some people are louder than others, some are silent. You don't have to start calling people names, this just makes you look bad.
Okok, I didn't mean to harm or offence people in any way. It is just not the way I used to drive with all people talking and talking and talking. In real racing that doesn't happen either, only the usual conversations between driver and pitbox.

Apparently it is a learning lesson for me that people will talk during races and I will mute.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 266 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 175 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 176 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 130 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 235 13.6%