AC Williams FW31 @ Albert Park (+twitch stream) - Sunday 20th March 2016

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
First start was a mess, second one was better. Still got hit when some guys around me spun in T3, but by far not as bad as in race 1.

Found a good rhythm around lap 3 then, and could chase the guys ahead. Was a bit too late on the brakes in turn 3 when trying to pass @tonvanegmond, sorry for that. Gave you the position back and did better in the 2nd attempt. Fighting with @Qazdar Karim and @Discovery.Tv for 2nd then. Scheduled pitstop in lap 14, remained in 4th. Could close the gap to 2nd and 3rd in the end (also due to incidents I think), but just missed out on taking a podium spot.

1 stop definitely was the right decision, car felt undriveable in practice with 100l fuel.

I left you way more space than you needed. You turned right early.
You divebombed me at least two times after you spun yourself off. After four laps in the second start everyone settled out and another 20 drivers had a enjoyable race. Also, you were the first to swear in the chatbox when someone had a concentration lapse as no one wanted to do bad things with intention.

Well done to everyone who finished and special thanks to @Qazdar Karim for the awesome mod!

I personally enjoyed the race, it was great fun, fist time driving F1 online and I was probably the slowest on the track but I still found few people I could race against, at least trying to keep distance... Anyway, I hope I was not on the way to anybody as I tried to get out of the way as soon as I saw blue flags.
I saw the incidents from behind so I can't judge what happened :D but it is just for fun so don't get upset too much about driving standards :whistling:
Thanks for organizing the race :thumbsup:

You divebombed me at least two times after you spun yourself off. After four laps in the second start everyone settled out and another 20 drivers had a enjoyable race. Also, you were the first to swear in the chatbox when someone had a concentration lapse as no one wanted to do bad things with intention.

Well done to everyone who finished and special thanks to @Qazdar Karim for the awesome mod!

Nowhere did I divebomb you. Maybe you should have your spectacles checked. I don't remember overtaking anyone in braking zones. So stop making excuses if you couldn't drive yourself.

Also, I was far from the first to swear. I guess you just chose to ignore the others.

It's shocking how many times cars ruined laps for people that were already on laps. You can make excuses for others but the levels of awareness was much lower than it has been for other events.

If you don't want it to improve, that's fine. Expect others to swear in the future as well at this rate.

You were parked sideways at a part of the track that no one should be slow at, you did have a rather reasonable excuse
After turn 12, honestly can't remeber if I spun off myself due to all the damage sustained before or hit someone stranded, just know that I wanted to get out of the way as fast as possible, which was pretty much impossible. Swearing was during other scenes.

Thanx for the race guys. Although I had no pace at all (1:28 being my best :/), I somehow managed to gain 7 positions upwards (with a number of people leaving ofcoz). I am used to blue flags, but never seen so many during one short race :) Looking forward to the next round, I hope we'll have a similarly dense grid.

ps: sorry for whoever I hit in T15 (Vettel turn), it was a stupid mistake on my part during being lapped.

Fact of the matter is too many people on the grid were not up to the task if racing with this car. Both races have people not reacting to braking of the car in front of them and blocking the track with solo spins early on causing damage to others around them. If you have not had much wheel to wheel practice in cars as crazy as this, dont bother signing up. You're just going to ruin it for everyone.
I was rear ended by the same person at least three times in braking zones. Also I think the same Toyota driver blocked the track on lap 1 in both races.

If you have not had much wheel to wheel practice in cars as crazy as this, dont bother signing up. You're just going to ruin it for everyone.

Although i stand in a similar thinking that people need more practise, am i not right in thinking this is the perfect opportunity for people to experience wheel to wheel racing? It's not a league, it's a club race.

I don't think people join intentionally to wreck people, i just think people should've learned braking zones on the inside/outside/racing line of corners before racing. I don't mind an odd collision if it's a honest one, it is only online afterall.

Although i stand in a similar thinking that people need more practise, am i not right in thinking this is the perfect opportunity for people to experience wheel to wheel racing? It's not a league, it's a club race.

I don't think people join intentionally to wreck people, i just think people should've learned braking zones on the inside/outside/racing line of corners before racing. I don't mind an odd collision if it's a honest one, it is only online afterall.

Thats true but some of this **** tonight was beyond acceptable. I'm not exaggerating when I said I was hit from behind by the same person 3 times.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 343 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%