F1 2011 Will you buy F1 2011?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
I pre ordered from shopto i know that it will take some days untill they will deliver it to my country , because i am not from the UK, but i prefer to hold CD and not beg for some STEAM downloads which are not available in my region ... cheers !

Reading over this whole thread. I realise these comments may be a bit late. Regarding piracy of games. I notice how a lot of people are keen to jump on others backs over it. Others claiming developers make very little money on games. That is a very valid point, but that is not down to piracy. That is down to publishers ripping them off and bending them over a barrel.

I can totally understand why people pirate games. Why pay for the same old crap over and over again. The games industry has shifted and the only people it's favouring are the publishers who only sanction titles which are safe sales. Gaming consoles have doomed gaming, we are shifting towards this locked down model with overpriced games. Micro-transactions for stuff that was once free on PC. Developers taking ideas from modding communities that once thrived and selling them to console gamers who know no better. Then only to totally lock out these modding communities.

There was a time when games weren't made to make money. They were made to be fun to play, a piece of art. While technology and development tools have progressed massively they have become very stale and boring very much like Hollywood.

F1 2010 was a pretty decent game but I can't help feel the whole thing stinks. The developers have sat down with a plan. How can they make people pay full price for their game year after year? By making something which can be improved on, by making a substandard game that is rushed rather than take the time to create a polished title. It's all about the money, they don't care about the consumer.

Don't jump on the bandwagon and hate people who openly admit to piracy. That is exactly what the multi millionaire business men want. I will always support indie developers who are risky and make a game that dares to be different. I know there are many people who feel the same way as me. But I can't help but feel that the newer generation of gamers are growing up in a gaming industry that is stale and will only get worse and they won't know any better.

Well i was drunk last night and decided id pre order the pc version from HMV. I was not going to buy it really as i am unsure about if it is going to live up to the hype which codies games seldom do. Its not really ther games as stated before its the aftersales that puts me off with their not so good attempts at resolving problems. Still its ordered and ill take a chance @ £24.99 its not the end of the worl if its terrible lol.

Looking forward to trying it at least and the redeeming feature for me would be the co - op setting.

Reading over this whole thread. I realise these comments may be a bit late. Regarding piracy of games. I notice how a lot of people are keen to jump on others backs over it. Others claiming developers make very little money on games. That is a very valid point, but that is not down to piracy. That is down to publishers ripping them off and bending them over a barrel.

I can totally understand why people pirate games. Why pay for the same old crap over and over again. The games industry has shifted and the only people it's favouring are the publishers who only sanction titles which are safe sales. Gaming consoles have doomed gaming, we are shifting towards this locked down model with overpriced games. Micro-transactions for stuff that was once free on PC. Developers taking ideas from modding communities that once thrived and selling them to console gamers who know no better. Then only to totally lock out these modding communities.

There was a time when games weren't made to make money. They were made to be fun to play, a piece of art. While technology and development tools have progressed massively they have become very stale and boring very much like Hollywood.

F1 2010 was a pretty decent game but I can't help feel the whole thing stinks. The developers have sat down with a plan. How can they make people pay full price for their game year after year? By making something which can be improved on, by making a substandard game that is rushed rather than take the time to create a polished title. It's all about the money, they don't care about the consumer.

Don't jump on the bandwagon and hate people who openly admit to piracy. That is exactly what the multi millionaire business men want. I will always support indie developers who are risky and make a game that dares to be different. I know there are many people who feel the same way as me. But I can't help but feel that the newer generation of gamers are growing up in a gaming industry that is stale and will only get worse and they won't know any better.
Sorry but none of what you have said whether its true or not justifies stealing the game.
If you want it enough to play it pay for it.
Or be true to your values and get a community to make it just for fun and not for money.
You can't have it both ways and say they are all stale and then endorse stealing it.
An indie developer and a pirate (theif) are not the same thing so one does not justify the other.
Can you also give examples of what period and games you are talking about?
Because I remember IBM making their first PC in 1981 and playing Flight simulators in 1985.
My first race sim was on a PS1 in 97. Anecdotally it seems to me that the explosion in game console popularity has created a massive cashflow and industry that the PC gamer can ride on the back of with cut price (cheaper than console)editions which they can then mod.
In the end the customer is king and if not entertained will not spend the money and the cash flow dries up. So it is in fact all about the customer experience.

I'm def gettin it on 360, just hope theres more lobbies that have assists off, like current f1, tcs,abs etc, wots that all about, made 2010 boring online, not enough people racin without assists!
Thats what is happenin bruv. On RD. No assists in WDC League 1 and TCS Med/ Auto only in League 2. League race and Club Races every week.
Gut your RD license bro its gunna be sick.

Sorry but none of what you have said whether its true or not justifies stealing the game.
If you want it enough to play it pay for it.
Or be true to your values and get a community to make it just for fun and not for money.
You can't have it both ways and say they are all stale and then endorse stealing it.
An indie developer and a pirate (theif) are not the same thing so one does not justify the other.
Can you also give examples of what period and games you are talking about?
Because I remember IBM making their first PC in 1981 and playing Flight simulators in 1985.
My first race sim was on a PS1 in 97. Anecdotally it seems to me that the explosion in game console popularity has created a massive cashflow and industry that the PC gamer can ride on the back of with cut price (cheaper than console)editions which they can then mod.
In the end the customer is king and if not entertained will not spend the money and the cash flow dries up. So it is in fact all about the customer experience.

You talk about the popularity of Consoles enabling the PC to ride on the back of with cut price. PC games were once way ahead of the console market, because no console could possibly compete. As the games industry has changed from lower profit higher innovation market into the sorry state we have today, we have seen games being ported across to the PC in the same locked down state as on the console.

The problem is that a lot of games are not released with a demo any more. Reviews of games are now worthless. Imagine if you paid to the cinema and realised you had to pay extra for a seat, otherwise you will have to stand or sit on the floor. You would argue that in the past you got your seat for free. It wouldn't be long before it became accepted that you pay for your seat, because society is too soft to stand for what's right.

I am not sure what you are getting at comparing an indie developer to a pirate? I never mentioned that. What I meant was that I will fully support Indie developers that make games for the right reasons, unlike developers backed by big name publishers who are forced to make stuff that sells, but is utter tripe.

I also never actually condoned piracy. I just said I understood why people turn to it. I don't see them as criminals. The only criminals are the people making the massive money.

It takes a lot of money to develop games. If you are a casual fan, then I really don't care; do what you will play it for a few hours and shut up. But to me buying a game is sort of like investing in the company. I would like them to continue to develop more F1 games, and the best way I know how to support that is by buying it. If they don't meet their goal then they will not be able to afford to make next years version and so on not to mention F1 will be less willing to grant the license. I am not a fan of most codemaster games, but I am a fan of F1; so I pre-ordered the game because F1 2010 was pretty good really. If I want to race a different form of racing really I would go with another title (ie the Dirt series vs RBR). Another example is the Witcher 2. I know I could have waited for a Steam sale for it, but I think CD Projekt Red does good work, so I pre-ordered it as a vote of confidence on the developer.

You talk about the popularity of Consoles enabling the PC to ride on the back of with cut price. PC games were once way ahead of the console market, because no console could possibly compete. As the games industry has changed from lower profit higher innovation market into the sorry state we have today, we have seen games being ported across to the PC in the same locked down state as on the console.

The problem is that a lot of games are not released with a demo any more. Reviews of games are now worthless. Imagine if you paid to the cinema and realised you had to pay extra for a seat, otherwise you will have to stand or sit on the floor. You would argue that in the past you got your seat for free. It wouldn't be long before it became accepted that you pay for your seat, because society is too soft to stand for what's right.

I am not sure what you are getting at comparing an indie developer to a pirate? I never mentioned that. What I meant was that I will fully support Indie developers that make games for the right reasons, unlike developers backed by big name publishers who are forced to make stuff that sells, but is utter tripe.

I also never actually condoned piracy. I just said I understood why people turn to it. I don't see them as criminals. The only criminals are the people making the massive money.

I dont know how old you are bud but in the late 80's the game industry nearly died because piracy was so rife. it was only the emergence of consols which managed to revive it as piracy though not cut out completely was alot harder to acheive by your everyday person. This ment game developers could actually make a living at it by selling there games and developing there skills to the level of games we have today. i think that is why we still get the games being developed on consols then ported to pc as they see the consols as the bread and butter sales( with much less piracy than you still get today on pcs) which keep them in buisness.

I am definitely getting this game. Pre-ordering at GameStop tomorrow actually. I also noticed that they have the F1 Championship Edition game for about $15. How was that game? I've never played it, worth a few dollars then?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back