Will you be Buying an RTX 3080?

So... I asked the company I ordered my PC why it was listed as "special order" in the way that it waits for components. I got an answer that I probably was unlucky in that one or more components got sold out before my order was processed.

I sent a pretty angry mail back, with a screenshot showing the same pc-config today, with the exact same parts where everything is listed as "in stock"...

As we say where I come from...: Piss me in the ear!

So... I asked the company I ordered my PC why it was listed as "special order" in the way that it waits for components. I got an answer that I probably was unlucky in that one or more components got sold out before my order was processed.

I sent a pretty angry mail back, with a screenshot showing the same pc-config today, with the exact same parts where everything is listed as "in stock"...

As we say where I come from...: Piss me in the ear!

Sooo. It was an "error on the website, showing stock on components that were out of stock".
Good thing is, it was the SSD that was out of stock, so I've changed it to a faster one, and saved almost 50EUR as well. Ordered a new PC (cancelled the old one). And it's already marked green and "being built". Good!

I havn't really been following but I'm guessing from reading a bit, that biting the bullet on a 3070 for 720 euros(minus 260 gained for a 3 year old 1060 6gb) in january was a good call? Prices look even crazier now.

Yes.

Effectively I pay 820EUR for the 3070 in the PC I have ordered, but buying a 3070 on its own in Norway(if you manage to do it within the 60 seconds it takes before the drop are sold out) will cost 995-1000 EUR(!)

I just got the shipping link. My 3080 will arrive on Saturday, if DHL doesn't screw anything up, which they hardly do for my address.
I'm so hyped :D:D:D

Not really interesting for you to read about my enjoyment, sorry! I'll hopefully report back on Sunday or Monday after some A/B comparison against my 3070. Both are the Asus TUF, exactly the same cooler.
Gonna be interesting to check memory temps!
I'm guessing from reading a bit, that biting the bullet on a 3070 for 720 euros(minus 260 gained for a 3 year old 1060 6gb) in january was a good call?
Yes, definitely! I paid 679€ in November! Currently even the 3060ti is above 1k, if you can find one...

I just got the shipping link. My 3080 will arrive on Saturday, if DHL doesn't screw anything up, which they hardly do for my address.
I'm so hyped :D:D:D

Not really interesting for you to read about my enjoyment, sorry!

WoopWoop! DHL screws less things up than FedEx and UPS from my experience!

But is it intersting to read about my PC-buying tales? Nah, don't think so. We all read and share though.

Btw Rasmus, I know it's not Nords, but Spaschleife, multiclass, 3 weeks from now, rF2. I'm gonna tag you! Should be a fine way to show off a new GPU :whistling: :whistling:

My 2080ti is just over 2 years old, so I really can't justify for myself buying any RTX30x0 card right now, certainly not at current prices. Besides, the only one that really interests me is the 3090 and I would have to sell a couple of vital organs to be able to afford that one... :thumbsdown:

Anyways, I've put my VR experiments on hold for now and went back to my Gsync widescreen monitor, so my current card should serve me well for quite some time to come.

But to those of you that have one, or are getting one: enjoy !

My 1070 was awesome in 2016 on my 1080p monitor and only 60 fps/hz.
All games to maximum, apart from the crazy stuff.
Then came my 3440x1440, 100 hz monitor and.... That was it for that poor card haha.

Csp, acc, rf2 at night or rain... I really don't need all the fancy eye candy but going from 3 years of everything to the max down to low-medium does really hurt...

2xxx series wasn't a good deal so I waited and waited and waited and put money aside.
3060ti would be enough, 3070 is really nice to have right now and the 3080 will put me back to what my 1070 was for FullHD :D

Ye, my two 980's are getting tired :p
I really regret going down the SLI route as well. What a waste.

:laugh:

Oh well, there are other ways of wasting money on tech: I went from 1070 to 1080 to 1080ti to 2080ti in like a year and a half :whistling: Luckily I made some money back by selling the 1070 and 1080 for reasonably good prices. The 1080ti is now feeling miserable playing Netflix series in my living room PC...

Ye, my two 980's are getting tired :p
I really regret going down the SLI route as well. What a waste.
Yeah, the big take away that I hope everyone remembers is that Nvidia can't be trusted. When they say it just works, assume it doesn't. When they say there will be stock, we know their won't. From now on I'll take everything they say with a pinch of salt and assume they're talking out of their holes.

Yeah, the big take away that I hope everyone remembers is that Nvidia can't be trusted. When they say it just works, assume it doesn't. When they say there will be stock, we know their won't. From now on I'll take everything they say with a pinch of salt and assume they're talking out of their holes.

Meh. SLI worked. It just got gradually less and less support from everyone. Nvidia, game devs etc.
Also, no-one has stock, regardless of GPU, consoles and so on.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 460 39.2%