Will we see 20ies and 30ies someday?

iwn

Premium
I found this from the attic. It was quite a lot of fun over a decade ago.
L1070398.JPG

Probably too hard to get much and useful infos about the cars to rebuilt them as realistic as other more modern mods? But I’d love to see a 16 cylinder Auto Union Type C to be honest. :D

Probably too hard to get much and useful infos about the cars to rebuilt them as realistic as other more modern mods?

Possibly. I know you could find a lot of similar cars in the Indianapolis Motor Speedway museum (and even more in the basement) but I don't know how much data they'd let you gather. When I go to the vintage weekend there in the summers there are some privately owned cars like these that are still being raced and I'd bet those guys would be happy to provide any data they could. Easier said than done, of course, but I'd love to race these old death-traps for sure!

The 1937 Grand Prix season was one of the greatest ever, the cars were technical marvels, absolute beasts. Everyone talks about the late 80s turbo era with Mansell, Senna and Prost but the late 30s were equally dramatic with drivers like Rosemeyer, Caracciola and Nuvolari manhandling 500+bhp monsters.

I'd love to drive a Kunos Auto Union Type C, Alfa 12C, Mercedes W125 or Maserati 6CM.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back