Will this work for adding a transducer to my system?

I currently have a Buttkicker Gamer2 under the seat of my sim rig, and love it. I am looking to add a single transducer to the front of my rig. This would give me some separation from the front and back of my rig. I wanted to go cheap, so wondering if the following would work?

Transducer - Dayton Audio BST-1 (open to something less expensive if that is possible)
Amplifier - Pyle PCA2

From what I can tell this amp would allow me to setup 2 transducers, so I can add another in the future.

Before I pulled the trigger, I wanted to see if there was any issue with this setup?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Edit: I have an old 5.1 sound system, is there any way to use this as the amp?

Last edited:
I don't know anything about your rig, or your seat and how the current one is attached. If you have a fiberglass seat you might be underwhelmed by putting another one on the front of the rig - compared to what you are feeling through your seat.

I would be tempted to go stereo on your seat and have L/R seperation. it can give you good road texture etc and great when going over kerbs with left or right only going. As well as reasonable vibration levels when mounted directly on to your seat.

Upvote 0
i'm a noob when it comes to tactile but i have a similar setup with amp on it's way, i can give some basic info from what i've learned from this forum before some of the experts weigh in.

i've got 2 BST-1 setup front and rear, and i'm using a 2x50W stereo amp. These transducers are rated at 50W so that 2x40W will work but won't drive them to max power, you also don't want to drive them above 50W each. So a 100W amp that does 2 channels at 50W each is ideal, and allow you to add another shaker in the future.

Using the old 5.1 system is possible but you'll need to check the specs carefully, whats the wattage per channel and so on, i considered doing this but couldn't figure out if i was going to be over or under 50W as the manual specs was confusing to me and 5.1 receivers are really bulky so just went new amp.

There's also a fair bit to think about when choosing placement. Do you want front and rear stereo, or left and right? Both have their benefits, F/R can distinguish oversteer/understeer, but L/R will help you with clipping ripple strips and so on. i race in VR and saw a post where a user thought F/R gave the impression of travelling forward over bumps as it vibrates front then rear, adding to immersion. I was also limited by size and mounting options, which meant L/R would have had bad isolation and be less distinguishable, bit of a can of worms.

Upvote 0
I don't know anything about your rig, or your seat and how the current one is attached. If you have a fiberglass seat you might be underwhelmed by putting another one on the front of the rig - compared to what you are feeling through your seat.

I would be tempted to go stereo on your seat and have L/R seperation. it can give you good road texture etc and great when going over kerbs with left or right only going. As well as reasonable vibration levels when mounted directly on to your seat.

Am I correct in stating that any amp combined with any transducer would work assuming the ohms and wattages were correct? The above I wanted to see if there was an issue with the amp working with 2 transducers. One now, and adding one at a later day.

I currently have a single Buttkicker under the seat of a NLR F-GT.

My plan is to upgrade as money/wife allows, and I started with the Buttkicker to make sure I would enjoy the effects of the transducers. And I love the Buttkicker, and what it adds.

Here is the path I am thinking of taking.
1. Buttkicker under seat- Done
2. Transducer at the front of the rig for separating the front from the rear. Example: front tire feel with Buttkicker doing rear and other -Want to do now.
3. When money allows add a second transducer to the front for left and right front tires.
4. When more money frees up I would like to add transducers for the rear left and right tires, and use the Buttkicker for things like engine rumble, shifter vibrations, etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I wanted to add something to this post, and that is about customer service. We tend not to see it this day and age, so I like to point it out when I see it.

I emailed Buttkicker to ask them some questions. The response time....4 hours and 24 minutes.

What does this mean? I may change what I purchase as a product is only as good as the company that stands behind it. The response time for Buttkicker, Next Level Racing, and SimXperience have been phenomenal for me, so want to give credit to companies that do not ignore their customers.

Edit:
Fanatec, I am still waiting on a response to my question about billing and my shortened warranty. I think 2 months is long enough ;).

Upvote 0
Don't want to devaiate from the topic but 15yrs ago, we went to the shop, had a response time of 10 seconds and went out with whatever we wanted to buy.
Then we wanted it to be "cheaper" (a wish that can always be fulfilled) and now we are happy to get a response at all.
Maybe it's me getting old but this all reminds me of the Stockholm Syndrome:)

Upvote 0
Don't want to devaiate from the topic but 15yrs ago, we went to the shop, had a response time of 10 seconds and went out with whatever we wanted to buy.
Then we wanted it to be "cheaper" (a wish that can always be fulfilled) and now we are happy to get a response at all.
Maybe it's me getting old but this all reminds me of the Stockholm Syndrome:)

Well, i do remember this times too.

Now lets not talk about the "State of the World" and the good reasons not to voluntarily go into the
crowds of people.

I myself live in a small village in driving distance to a middle town and a bit more driving to a very big city ( Cologne).

My Playstation4 (as an entry drug) and my PC i bought in a shop because i wanted the advice and service of a pro.
( which was a good idea because the powerunit of my PC died within a month and after driving to the shop was replaced within two hours)

On the other hand the only simracing eqipment in these shops were Logitech G29s and Thrustmaster T80/150.

So there are no relevant shops for Simracing where i live.

And as an aside, it will have less impact on the environment when i mailorder equipment that i can´t buy in 1/2h driving distance.
( I won´t talk about cost, driving a car is not cheap in Germany)

Its the same with car parts, i can get OEM parts locally, the interesting stuff has to come by mail.
( i have japanese, american and european tuning parts on my GT86 ;))

tl;dr

of course i shop locally what i can, especially now to help the busines owners which are fighting with the back to the wall.

But the interesting stuff is not availlable locally:cry:

MFG Carsten

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 337 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years