Will there be multiplayer in ETS2?

It's not been either denied or confirmed as of yet. It would be very cool to have that option ingame and I know it's been asked a lot on the scs blog. But I guess we have to hope it will be implemented someday, so keep your fingers crossed.

There was a mod for Euro Truck Simulator 1 to drive LAN. Man that was awesome :)
Don't think it is for ETS2 though
man this game would be friggin awesome if their was multiplayer, imagine a customized convoy of truck drivers driving into the night, all with RD logos on the back carrying sports cars for the lemans series :D

hopefully we can get this to work for LAN, if so im in!

man this game would be friggin awesome if their was multiplayer, imagine a customized convoy of truck drivers driving into the night, all with RD logos on the back carrying sports cars for the lemans series :D

hopefully we can get this to work for LAN, if so im in!

sounds interesting. what is the point to it? just to drive trucks across europe or uk and view the roads as they really appear?

what is the challenge element to it?

You need to get the ice cream from the dairy to the supermarket before it melts. You get 12 points and the aim is to keep them by not going through red lights ect :D
:roflmao:
i like the idea of driving long distances but i have two problems:
1) I could do this for real and get paid - whereas the game COSTS money.
2) I worry that if I have to get the ice-cream from Iceland and bring it back to Bristol, I might not be able to manage that very quickly in my spare time.e.g. saturday, i could start at 4pm but I might not be back in time for the X factor:O_o::cry:
Anyway, better not post here as it's about multiplayer. no more :thumbsup: lol

what's the point of this? well what's the point of racing? you enjoy racing - people enjoy trucking :) simple :D

no but seriously, racing is essentially about being first to the finish line and either doing it by being fastest or with racecraft. is there a point to this? just querying e.g. do you have time limits? do you earn money or is it literally just role play?:O_o:

no but seriously, racing is essentially about being first to the finish line and either doing it by being fastest or with racecraft. is there a point to this? just querying e.g. do you have time limits? do you earn money or is it literally just role play?:O_o:
Think its just a sim mate, like f1 cars many people can't get in a artic and drive it, park it ect. Suppose just like ms flight sims, its not about dog fights. Just the pleasure of the experience i suppose. Fair play each to their own

Think its just a sim mate, like f1 cars many people can't get in a artic and drive it, park it ect. Suppose just like ms flight sims, its not about dog fights. Just the pleasure of the experience i suppose. Fair play each to their own
Yeah, thanks for clearing that up mate. might have a go at some point lol might drive to urs with my transporter and drop off a few enhanced audi's before moving on to amsterdam for my final delivery.:thumbsup:

...and there is a challenge of course! there are time-limits for delivery etc....so in multiplayer there would be a race for goods :D who can get to a certain career level before others do? having a ranking of best drivers, career levels, achievements and what ever would make a multiplayer interesting :) of course if you have some kind of MMO every player would start as a normal trucker and can develop his biz to a full transportation company giving contracts to other players to deliver goods for him etc....this would be cool - at least for me :D
anyway I like to just drive a truck for fun, enjoying the landscape and the little details beside and on the road!

It doesn't need multiplayer, the game wouldn't be any less fun without it, but I can imagine something like what FUNK has said being awesome.

I'm just expanding my business into France and need to get my Chemical Licence, still on the first game, but keeping an eye on the forums. If I hear good things I'll have to get ETS2, it is a really enjoyable game.

You build up a business with various 'home' garages, hired drivers and contracts. It kind of blends the open(ish) world driving of something like TDU with a '<insert here> Tycoon' business building element. All wrapped up in a nice neat package with licensed trucks and the like.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 360 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 501 39.0%