F1 2010 Will there be a damage model?

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)

Omer Said

Weresloth
Premium
At preview videos, at F1's official site, at twitter, cody forums etc... NO one talks about the damage modeling and i have never seen even a little contact or collision at videos (ok in videos it maybe about teams don't want to see their car crashed).

But at Formula1's website, where the game's feature listed, there is no damage modeling in features. So will this be like that crappy Sony f1 games' damage model??? :frown:

Cant remember where I posted but I posted somewhere. In one of the dev diarys (or I think it was interview with RSC) they said about having to texture some parts of the underneath skin like engine, sus parts I guess for when a cover or bodywork breaks off somehow.

Also in one of the dev diarys there is a pic of a FI in Monaco slides into the barrier a little and front wing comes off (realistically like endplates first etc, not just 1 piece).

Cant remember where I posted but I posted somewhere. In one of the dev diarys (or I think it was interview with RSC) they said about having to texture some parts of the underneath skin like engine, sus parts I guess for when a cover or bodywork breaks off somehow.

Also in one of the dev diarys there is a pic of a FI in Monaco slides into the barrier a little and front wing comes off (realistically like endplates first etc, not just 1 piece).

Check out Dev Diary 2 towards the end :)

I thought F1 wheels where not allowed to detach from the vehicle. In this movie the right front wheel does.

Edit: In all movies the wheels come off :(

Yes in modern F1 the wheels are mounted to the car with some safety device. You'll get severly punished (when you are called Renault :)) when it comes of the car.

The wheels obviously can come off because they change them during the race. Renault didn't put the nut on properly so it came off. If the nut doesn't come off the wheels are tethered to try to stop them flying into the crowd. This method is not 100% effective - wheels still become detatched in accidents.

In this video the wheel doesn't fly very far - not sure if its tethered or not. Simulating a tether won't be easy.

Hmm why ai takes no damage? In all videos only the player's car gets damage. I hope that's just a disabled setting and can be enabled ingame.

Ok i got my complete answer with this video:

Omg! Great physics! I will have great fun with creating massive first turn crashes! :D:D (Of course with ai, not online crashing, that's bad! tuk tuk tuk)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 106 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 197 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 519 38.5%