Will the 10th Anniversary Patches remove StarForce DRM?

I've bought a copy of GTR 2 on PCD DVD and I'm afraid of the StarForce DRM. Will the HQ Anniversary Patch remove it completely? Will I not have to worry about it while I patch the game?

Last edited:
Starforce was on disc version of GTR1 and GT Legends but NEVER in gtr2 which was SecuROM. Steam Digital versions are DRM free today.
HQ Anniv. Patch includes both nocd and digital to play without disc in dvd tray : you must choose the version you want via GTR2_SETUP.CMD as you have different plugins options (some plugins work with nocd only but others work with digital only).
There is no problem, you can use either disc or steam gtr2 with HQ Anniv. Patch (it is clearly written in readme)

Last edited:
Starforce was on disc version of GTR1 and GT Legends but NEVER in gtr2 which was SecuROM. Steam Digital versions are DRM free today.
HQ Anniv. Patch includes both nocd and digital to play without disc in dvd tray : you must choose the version you want via GTR2_SETUP.CMD as you have different plugins options (some plugins work with nocd only but others work with digital only).
There is no problem, you can use either disc or steam gtr2 with HQ Anniv. Patch (it is clearly written in readme)
I understand, thank you for your reply and for letting me know. I will follow the Readme and Install instructions for the HQ Anniv. Patch. Your help is very much appreciated!

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 276 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 186 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 188 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 138 7.6%
  • < 5 years