PC1 Will Project Cars support community mods?

I am sorry to ask this here... Hope it not wrong topic for question like this.

Maybe it's very late question, but i will ask. Game will support community mods and tracks ? I mean it's possible to import my own track in game (after release) ?

Im fine with pcars not having modding. rfactor2, game stock car and assetto all support it. So this and raceroom not being moddable if fine with me. As others have said, mods are too inconsistent. As much as I love mods, I also like to play a game where I know everything is up to the same standards and will work as it should in the game. No guessing if a mod is good or not.

pCARS will not directly support modding. I'm sure the modding community will figure out (if they already haven't) how to unpack and repack the game, but it won't be directly supported.

Maybe.. but the game uses checksums to verify the integrity of the files before loading the game. If mods do somehow emerge, SMS will rectify the mechanism that allowed it to happen.

Some people have argued that that many of the SMS staff got started in their career through modding. True enough. Modding something that was designed to support it is a cool hobby. pCARS isn't that kind of game.

More of a CASH COW.....?

Trolling much lately in the PCars forum ?

2jxfdd.jpg

Which is exactly what you are doing too. :rolleyes:

Hardly my dear friend.

"In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion."

The problem is, a genuine truthseeker/dissenter can be written off as a troll based on that convenient definition, however, from my pov, I'm pro sim no matter what, but that's not to say i actively rubbish all simcade games, in fact i typically ignore them.

The major reason i keep on trucking in a "handful" of pcars threads is because this publisher and some of it's less gracious minions self define a simulation as their motives are money/graphics/fun gameplay, on top of that, we have to endure micass and his pompous nature.

There also seems to be a misconception that the latest sim engines are superior to far older simbin/ISI based titles....in fact what's true is most devs won't commit to next gen simulation, and instead go backwards, ie, push out simcade after simcade title even though people like Chronus have the expertise to further enhance older ISI engines.

But then again, why would they if everyone thinks pcars is next gen or even comparable to something as competent as GTL from 10yrs ago from a simulation pov.

Hardly my dear friend.

"In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion."

Which is exactly what you did and still do. Just trying to balance the discussion a bit. ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 198 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 196 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%