Team ORSM

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
RaceDepartment welcomes Team ORSM. Here you will find the new home of the team behind V8Factor, Bathurst and other productions!

Have fun!

My tyres go off around lap 15-20... but you need to go easy on them to last a tank of full (35 laps)... im trying to lay off the brakes as much as possible. This doing lap times around 2:11 - 2:12 for 35 laps

I second That FROM lap 1 to 16 I'm Almost When I'm very consistant under 2:11 (2:10:100 to 2:11:000) and after that I have to be very carefull not to go off if I push too hard, and times are ranging from (2:11:400 to 2:12:000)

But that's the funny part of driving, when It came to skills and increased attention and control of the car when tires go off.

And those cars are Awesome to drive in these conditions

how do you disable the ambient sounds at Bathurst?

If you mean that God awful air-wrench noise, it is an rFactor bug that was never fixed. The file Gamedata\Sounds\Ambient\fans_normal_1.wav is not the sound of a crowd at all, it is that air-wrench sound.

When driving the V8 Factor cars you don't notice it because the car mod uses it's own ambient sound. If you drive other cars (and I believe you drive the FVRs muzarati?) on a track that uses that ambient sound file then you hear the air-wrench.

Alot of tracks besides Bathurst use that file, so it is not a Bathurst issue. Anyways, long ago I just copied the V8 Factor version of that file to the root folder. I have it zipped up so I could give it to friends, so just extract this to your rF folder and no more looping air-wrench.

http://www.mediafire.com/?uabhma284azd1xu

Mitch,

Firstly, welcome to the forum, Im glad you like our work.

The answer to your first question is yes, most of the hard stuff is out of the way. But not all of it.
The answer to your second question is also yes.

Finally, ask as many questions as you like and once again welcome to the forum.

Gav.G

Mitch,

Firstly, welcome to the forum, Im glad you like our work.

The answer to your first question is yes, most of the hard stuff is out of the way. But not all of it.
The answer to your second question is also yes.

Finally, ask as many questions as you like and once again welcome to the forum.

Gav.G

thanks buddy.. yeah the work you guys do is great.. although it takes time which is understandable, its always good quality work :)

that is goood news to hear. always good hearing that most of the hard stuff is pretty well done.
that is not as good news .. only be the fact it means more time to add to the release of it .. but hey, when its done, its done.

i am interested as to if any new sounds have been implemented for the newer modelled cars..
i did read previously that you guys are having new sounds for the new models.. is this an issue at present still ?? or have you guys been able to manage to get some sounds for these now.

and thanks again. good to be here :)

mitch

Yes there is that looping air-wrench sound as well as the announcer, I'm not sure but I don't think it would be that audible in the race car, at least I've never noticed it watching the on-boards? (V8 Factor by the way)

Thanks for the continued support guys.

I can tell you I have tested some new physics for the tyres and car geometry over the last few weeks.

Before you start with the "oh no, I need to build a new set up again!!", I can confirm the physics actually reacted better and became more balanced with the setup I posted before for 1.3 than I experienced with 1.3. Krunch and I agreed this will be great for you guys. It should mean any V1.3 setup you have should drop in, and should allow for some minimal tweaking to get an even better result.

The skinners are on the vinegar stroke with their work, but will not be able to finish until the modellers have done their bit too.

I haven't spoken to Kev or Mo in a few weeks, so I can't give you an update on the cockpit models, but they have been working on them in their spare time (outside their real lives).

Someone asked about what would be in there. At this stage, the models they are building replicate the start of 2010. The VEII is not in the build so far.

Also, All future releases will only be the Car models. Any tracks or track updates will be released separately.

Sorry if you are salivating, and going hungry still, but that's all I can give at this stage.

i know ive asked this is the other thread and have yet to here a response ..
sorry for asking again, but with the new physics, well sounds, can we a more realistic sounds for the new models?
if so has this been done ? or is it in the progress of being done ?

Personally I think the tyres need to drop off more. We just had our annual Bathurst enduro. The fastest race time was a 2:06.9 and that was mid stint. I have no problem getting the tyres to last 34 laps with average times in the low 9's. The tyres do drop off as the stint goes on with early laps in the 7's then gradually dropping to mid 9's by the end of the stint. There's a lot of tyre smoke running these lap times and I feel the driver should be punished more from over abuse of the rubber.

i know ive asked this is the other thread and have yet to here a response ..
sorry for asking again, but with the new physics, well sounds, can we a more realistic sounds for the new models?
if so has this been done ? or is it in the progress of being done ?

New sounds is something we're definately keen on looking into for the new mod, how ever nothing in the sound department has been started at this point.

Punnished for over driving yes, but no more drop off. You don't want it to be faster, for a race like bathurst, to have shorter stints and more stops. You should be able to get a consistant feel and level of grip for the entire stint (currently 120L). With the current slight drop off.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 39.0%