Will offline racing require online connection?

As per title (and apologies if it's been asked before - I couldn't find the question itself or any response), if I want to play single player against the AI or hot lapping, or even just for starting up the game, will I need an active connection to the tinterweb?

Cheers for any forthcoming answer :thumbsup:

Of course it's a gamble, actually I also proposed to release AC drm-free, but the other guys didn't like that.
Would've liked it in theory, but I do think something basic is always needed. If nothing else, just to make sure the user is aware he's actually stealing something.

But, as Shadow Explorer pointed out, considering the target audience, should be fine, this isn't Call of Duty.

As the hack groups nomally tend to care just first one version, major games aside, therefore once the game released and soon update it in 5 days :devilish: with some changes such as a change which makes it to be uncompatible with 1.0v profile and etc etc.

Then that would much rather help to prevent the pirates at least than not.

It's time users take responsibilities for their actions.. want race sims? don't skidrow them... if that doesn't work for us, the team will probably scatter around working on other titles that have nothing to do with race sims.

I so agree with you !

People that use hacked games, well, I think it's not lost clients, because those people would not buy the game even if it's un-hackable.

Simers are ok to spend $1000+ in a computer+driving peripheral , they can spend $50 in their favorite sims.

Just compare to other leasure activities, 2H at the theater ... almost €9.

I do agree with Hampuss and Kunos. Battling with piracy is just useless. Create the great game and better communication with user would pay a lot in long term. Just take a look at SCS software blog, feel it and then compare it with another scumbag studio which put lot of protection which lead into rage from paying user.

I think, the best way to deal with piracy is by sending polite letter to hackers.
After all we're just human.

Kunos was spot on the idea that fighting piracy is more like fighting a loosing battle. With buyer friendly system, the sim/game will attract more customers than with the one with Ultra High level security system.
I strongly believe that a Sim enthusiast is more likely to purchase a title than pirate it for Free. My understanding is being an enthusiast for Sim or any other discipline, one becomes mature enough to realize the effort put in developing the system they greatly enjoy and there is no second thought in supporting the developers by purchasing the title.
I am all for no or more relaxed DRM. There will always be good people and pirates.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back