Will offline racing require online connection?

As per title (and apologies if it's been asked before - I couldn't find the question itself or any response), if I want to play single player against the AI or hot lapping, or even just for starting up the game, will I need an active connection to the tinterweb?

Cheers for any forthcoming answer :thumbsup:

I would preffer not from a user perspective, won't limit where and how you can play it, but from a Kunos fan that wants to see Asetto Corsa 2 or whatever is their next project called, I would agree and support anything that prevents piracy.

If we are not conscious and beligerant protecting the simracing developers, I predict a great future playing Need For Speed Carbon 14 to all of us...

The best idea is to be internet dependent for best protection of the game....
For testing mods or anything connected to AC,use the tools provided from Kunos.Its using same engine as the game and what you see in there is what you get in game.

I would preffer not from a user perspective, won't limit where and how you can play it, but from a Kunos fan that wants to see Asetto Corsa 2 or whatever is their next project called, I would agree and support anything that prevents piracy.

If we are not conscious and beligerant protecting the simracing developers, I predict a great future playing Need For Speed Carbon 14 to all of us...

I wanted to avoid talking about piracy.Since it was not my point in the first place.
From user perspective, you should support kunos by purchasing the product
If it works for you. Thats all.

If every user does that,there is no problem.
The company should respect your rights to use what you bought freely.
because you bought it....

DRM only makes it more difficult for legitimate users.
while pirates can do as they please for free...

I completely understand how piracy might effect a company or an artist(both ways).
How gracefully it is used as scapegoat for low sales numbers sometimes
and how cruel it is for a small team,some others.

But customers being ok for restrictive DRM, I find it messed up...
To start a conversation like that is pointless.

For me the ability to access my work offline above anything else is a decision maker.

If kunos will do it,or someone else.I really don't care.I will still end up buying AC to support the team.

if not I will have to look on the other games for that possibility or stick to the old ones,which I wouldn't like.

You know, I'm really against exagerated DRM, mostly because, any game, ANY, can get pirated easily, hell, even days before it's released, so in the end only the legitimate users get restricted while pirates play DRM free.

However, I've been playing pCARS since February, and as some of you may know you need to log in on it when you start the game, during the year there were only 2 or 3 days where my connection failed and I couldn't login, but in general, logging in seems painless for the most part to me. Obviously I don't know how it would be for other users in other conditions though.

You know, I'm really against exagerated DRM, mostly because, any game, ANY, can get pirated easily, hell, even days before it's released, so in the end only the legitimate users get restricted while pirates play DRM free.

However, I've been playing pCARS since February, and as some of you may know you need to log in on it when you start the game, during the year there were only 2 or 3 days where my connection failed and I couldn't login, but in general, logging in seems painless for the most part to me. Obviously I don't know how it would be for other users in other conditions though.

You said ANY game...is pC..s pirated?I mean if it works for them why not for AC...i see no problem with DRM.There is no other secure way.
Because you cant access your game when your disconnectoed from internet might make you feel not in control of the product you pay for...i will gladly live with that then see morons with their SKID..W pirated version in our servers.I am sick of it from Race 07...this SIM got infected....got bitten from a zombie and it will die in the end.

I don´t think it won´t matter if you need to be online or not in terms of piracy.
The CAD programs costing around 10-20 thousand have extremely "safe" solutions and they are no match for a person who knows how to work around it by fooling the program it is indeed online.

I think simracers are such a small group relatively speaking that most realize that if we don´t support these developers we soon won´t have much to play with to begin with.

I would guess that about 1-2% will actually not buy the one time cost of AC and download it.
the rest i think will support AC in every possible way like buying NKPro, FVA 1&2 etc.

Next year I have to server in the army.
After that I don't really know what will happen, I do not expect to have internet at home,at least not until I get a job after my serve is done.

Because you cant access your game when your disconnectoed from internet might make you feel not in control of the product you pay for
This is also very very true, You are not buying it,you are leasing it.thus it should be a lot cheaper.

There are ethical reasons as well.

The company will gladly accept my money,but will also add a little piece of something,just in case I'm not a pirate. Isn't this disrespectful or what...

Companies always will have an excuse to introduce more restrictive DRM
and seeing people that encourage those methods... It just makes it worse.

Think of dlc for a while,at first it was started as something completely extra.
Now games are butchered,you pay full price for 70% of the game and the rest you have to buy it..

Big companies will always exploit milking possibilities,and if it works smaller ones will follow.

I don't want to see a future where everything is tied to a server.

servers eventually go down,..
Then who you gonna call?

I don´t think it won´t matter if you need to be online or not in terms of piracy.

You are completely correct,this is a general truth.simracing companies are small and need support.

I do not support piracy,hell I'm a 3d modeler\artist... how could I?
But we have to think that for some of us pirates do the dirty work.

My point is they shouldn't...The game should be made in a way that is not restrictive.

Ohh i was thinking at a totaly different aproach...
Maybe i didnt understod the DRM deffiniton to well so i`ve searched a bit.
Indeed looks nasty..many are against it for obvious resons and i was not aware that it has been broked several times.
I had something else in my mind.Same online sign in just like you do with steam for multiplayer.
Is there nothing safe on this world? regarding game protection?

No not really, if you can design it, you can go around it.

It´s like a safe, doesn´t matter how advanced or how safe you build it, if someone figures out how it´s built then it´s not safe at all anymore, it´s just about the work and time needed to get it open.

Basically the safer you try to make things to keep piracy away, the more problems and issues you put on the people who actually bought the game.

Not sure what company it was but they were forced to get rid of their extra safe system because regular customers got pissed because it did not always work etc.

And with safer piracy systems what you are doing is basically challenging "hackers" etc by saying "ok we did this, try and break it." And sure enough, 4-5 days later it´s completely unlocked so the developers have spent time for nothing. Time that could be spent making the game better.

Kunos should do what is best to protect their work ... im sure they know better then all of us how to do it and how many people use craks and all that ... i dont care if its online or offline ... i will play it anyway ... so protect it in the best way you can Kunos ... make people paying for it ... get all the money you can from it and start developing AC2

Kunos should do what is best to protect their work ... im sure they know better then all of us how to do it and how many people use craks and all that ... i dont care if its online or offline ... i will play it anyway ... so protect it in the best way you can Kunos ... make people paying for it ... get all the money you can from it and start developing AC2

Companies that encourage modding like Kunos,are prepared for a long cycle...
so if AC is successful,I don't see AC2 any time soon..

Also are you a shareholder or something?
This is what you understood from the conversation,that people will not pay for it?
people like you who are supporting anything hands down are the reason this thread
exists...

people like you who are supporting anything hands down are the reason this thread
exists...

From Kunos i will suport anything hands down .... their past make me act this way ... and they deserve all the money they can get ... its my opinion ... and by the way Ac is designed to be on the market for 4 years (kunos words) ... so yes i wish in one or 2 years they satrt working on AC2 (or whatever they want to call it)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%