Will NR2003 Mods come to RD ?

Sure. There are mods for nearly ever year. You can get all the Cup cars from 2000-2019 as well as many Trucks and Xfinity sereis. There are many 2018/2019 updated tracks and modified exe's to have a modern feelng.

A 2019 exe will come out soon.

I bought NR2003 when new all those years ago and it's been on my PC ever since. And every new PC since. Just installed it on my new system this week and I still love it.
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
New mods, new tracks, frequently; '55 Sportsman mod, '63 Grand National mod, sprint cars, etc.; even the GTP mod is still in use ...and the physics work well for open wheel cars -
NR2003ss001.jpg

(comes with two carsets - 1988 CART and 1978 F1)

FWIW, there are still many active N2k3 sites; a few are generic and you can find most mods and tracks there, many are oriented around one mod and have many skins, reworked tracks, and online leagues for that mod. The two best sites for modding info, in my opinion, are not accessible - TheUSPits forums disappeared (though a small page of downloads remains) and while you can visit Stunod Racing much of its forums are "you must be registered to view this" and going to the registration page gets you "sorry, we are not taking registrations".

If your interest is PTA or GTP you will find little beyond skins as these are not "NASCAR". There was a good bit of info and downloads for the GTP mod at SRMZ (if they ever return); I have about 200 skins covering LMP and GrandAm, plus some fictional ones from defunct online leagues, and the high res templates and steering wheels. Interest in the GTP mod waned when iracing opened their LMP series, though there are still a couple of online leagues.

There are also many new NASCAR physics out there, along with a physics editor. I've no idea if these are "legal" ...did Kaemmer lift his ban on editing the n2k3 exe?

The primary problem with old games is the sites dying. Basically, download all you can, and then upload to archive.org and torrents because nothing else will last too long. Relying on any one site (ahem) is the same as relying on NoGrip or RFC or TTSG or whatever.

GPL gamers just saw the primary track database go down Lethe.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 285 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years