Will I lose my Vista boot screen with XP installation

V

vmagics

• vmagics

I am dual booting with WinXP and Vista Ultimate. XP was installed first and since the second OS installed was Vista I get the Vista boot screen on startup. I am considering formatting and reinstalling XP but I'm a little concerned about losing the Vista boot screen or worse, losing the option of booting into Vista altogether. The only recommendation I've received (I read it in a dual booting tutorial) is EasyBCD. Can any confirm whether or not this app works as promised and is it really necessary for such a small undertaking? I'm fairly well equipped to take on this task and this is my only concern... although I seem to remember the old boot.ini system not needing any third party software. Thanks

Always setup the oldest OS first, thats my rule, and I never had problems. So I actually never tried the opposite. Vista and XP have a total different bootloader, so only try it out after a good backup. Actually I will not advise you to do this.

Always setup the oldest OS first, thats my rule, and I never had problems. So I actually never tried the opposite. Vista and XP have a total different bootloader, so only try it out after a good backup. Actually I will not advise you to do this.

If you try it you will see that there is absolute no risk if you follow the link, and its very easy.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back